When We're Together

Elsa's POV

Christmas. Everyone's favorite time of the year, to spend with their families. This year may be a bit different. Anna, Jack, Kristoff, Olaf, Sven and I have planned a little surprise for Arendelle.

I come downstairs with Jack, seeing Anna holding Olaf saying that it's not time for the surprise yet. "Anna's right. Our surprise holiday party doesn't start until after the Jule Bell rings." "Oh sorry, the suspense it tearing me apart." Anna puts his head back on his body. "Thank you!" "I can't wait either, I want to eat all the food." I giggle at Jacks remark. "I'm excited too guys, after all this is Arendelle's first Christmas in forever!" "The first of many to come." "Elsa, look! They're arriving!"

Look at everyone
They don't realize
"What?"
We planned a party as a big surprise

Soon the ballroom will echo with sounds of cheer
As we ring in the season
This year

This is overdue
Gotta look our best

Ooh!
I've never been so nicely dressed

We'll be hosting and toasting the whole night through
As we ring in the season with you

It's the first Christmas in forever

Since we opened up the gate

And it's the first Christmas I remember to date

And it's already worth the wait!

Look at all the joy
And its everywhere

I feel the Christmas spirit in the air

And the party will start at the strike of noon

And we'll ring in the season
So soon

"Hey! It's Kristoff and Sven! And the Jule bell! Why am I so excited about that?" "Olaf, the Jule Bell signals the start of the holidays in Arendelle!" "Ooh!"

And it's almost time
To ring the bell
And hear it chime through Arendelle

It's finally here and it's happening fast

We'll make up for all we have missed in the past

It's time to celebrate
As we ring in the season
At
Last!

"Let the holidays begin!" The Castle doors opened, "Okay Olaf, now!" "Surprise!" We turned to see everyone leaving instead of coming inside. My face fell. "Wait-wait wait hold on hold on, leaving so soon?" Anna asked as she approached a townsperson. "The Jule bell rang I must get back home for my families holiday tradition rolling the lefse." "Um..." "Ours is putting out porridge for the Tomte." Another piped in. "We're making traditional bordstabelbakkels!" A pair of twins chirped. "And I'm gonna filet the krumsakringlekakke!" Olaf said. "That's a thing, right?" He laughed. I ran over to the elderly couple passing by. "Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Olsen! You're welcome to join us in the castle if you like..." "Thank you your majesty. But Olga and I should be getting home to knit socks for our grandchildren." Mr. Olsen said. "It's our tradition." Mrs. Olsen chimed in. "Yes and we wouldn't want to intrude on your family traditions!" Mr. Olsen laughed. They walked off and Anna and I's spirits dimmed. "Oh so the surprise is everyone left!" Olaf said making me feel a little worse. I felt Jack put a hand on my shoulder whispering to me that everything was going to be okay. "Hey. I say it's their loss." We look over and see Kristoff in strange clothing playing his lute softly. "Who needs a big party anyway?" "Kristoff?" "I've got just the thing to cheer you up: my favorite traditional troll...tradition." This should be good. "Care to join in?" "Uh, yeah!" Anna beamed. "Okay it starts with a gathering song, The Ballad of Flemmengrad." "I love Ballads!" Olaf screamed in delight.