22

Taylor:

I wake up in Harry's warm embrace. I feel him breathing on the back of my neck, his arms around me. He loves me. He wasn't lying. If he wasn't in love with me I would've scared him away by now. 

I shift on the bed slightly, accidentally causing Harry to wake. "Tay?" He mumbles, pulling me closer to him. I turn over to my other side so our foreheads are touching and we just stare at eachother for a while. His green eyes are beautiful, and go perfectly with his goofy smirk. "How'd you sleep?" He asks softly after a minute. I smile at his raspy morning voice. "Good.. only because you're here," I whisper as I stroke his cheek, and he pecks my lips with a quick but warm kiss. 

Harry:

I change into a loose white t-shirt and black skinny jeans while waiting for Taylor to get out of the shower. No matter how hard I try, I can't get last night out of my head. The image of Taylor lying on the floor, covered in blood crying.. it's engraved in my memory. And it's all Louis and Liam's fault. How am I supposed to see them again when just thinking about them makes me want to do things to them i've never even thought of before? I need to do something about it for Taylor's sake.

"Ready?" Taylor asks as she walks out of the bathroom, interupting my thoughts. Her hair is perfectly blow dried and hanging to the side of her neck, and she's wearing a blue and white striped shirt and jeans. "What? Uh- yeah," I say with a smile and grab her hand as we walk out of the hotel room and to the elevator. "So I was thinking that we should go on a real date tonight," Taylor suggests as the elevator doors open. We step in and I press the lobby button. "Uh, I have some work stuff tonight," I lie. She looks at me pretty suspiciously but just lets it go with a nod. I can't tell her the truth, she'll try to stop me. But I have to do this, for her.

When we get to the lobby we walk over to the starbucks in the lobby and order our drinks. Once we have them we sit at a quiet table in the corner of the room. "Tay.. I wanna talk about.. last night," I say quietly, trying not to offend her or anything. She's probably embarrassed. I mean, she shouldn't be but I know I would be. 

"Uh.. can we talk about it another time?" She asks, not making eye contact with me. She's playing with her cup lid. I sigh and lean back. How did I know she would say that? "Listen, babe, I wanna help you. But the only way for me to do that is you letting me in," I explain and take her hand. She sighs and runs her free hand through her blonde hair. "There's nothing to tell, Harry. I cut, i'm sorry. What do you want me to say?" She asks. "Why? Why do you do it? We need to get you help, Taylor," I answer. I give her a a look of sorrow. Her eyes grow wide and her cheeks burn up. "I'm not a mental patient, Harry! I don't need help. No one can find out about this!" She defends. I nod understandingly and rub her hand with my thumb, but she pulls away. "It'll get worse if they know. If you care about me at all, you won't say anything," she whispers and grabs her purse and her drink before standing up and making her way to the door.

Taylor:

I hear Harry calling after me. "Taylor! Wait! Come back! I'm sorry!" 

I don't listen.

I put on my sunglasses and walk out the hotel door and onto the streets on New York. Of course, i'm bombarded with paps and screaming fans and random pedestrians who tend to stare, but I keep walking. I'm not going to let anything get under my skin today.