Chapter 31

"Nanayyy!"

I almost jumped in fear when I heard that voice. And no words came into my mouth to welcome such surprise coming from my daughter.

She hurriedly clung unto my legs leaving me speechless.

"Nanay, I wanna pee. Help me please?" she pouted while making a puppy's face.

Slowly, my shocked expression turned sweet because of my baby looking so irresistible with her cutie face. I smiled at her, held her small hands para samahan siyang makapasok sa loob ng cr. Pero hindi pa man lang kami nakakapagsimulang humakbang nang makarinig ako ng pagtikhim. That's when I realized that he's still here. Napako ako sa kinatatayuan ko while my daughter is giving me a confused look while throwing stares at him. He is giving me dark stares plus longing. And I felt my inside panicking more when I saw kung paano kumislap ang mga nito nang matitigan niya ang anak ko especially her eyes.

'No, he can't be...'

'Oh come on. Don't be naïve. Anyone can tell that she looks like a young girl version of him. It's easy to identify her as his especially with that gray---'

'Shut up! He cannot just know!'

Napahawak ako sa ulo ko because of my chaotic thoughts.

"Danicka, is she..." Natigilan ako. I tried to clear the complication and war in my head kahit ramdam na ramdam ko na ang kaba.

Sinubukan ko siyang tingnan muli sa mata. Gone was the darkness, it was changed to hope and I know what such expression means and I don't like it.

I made a stifle sigh bago bumaling sa anak ko, "Baby, you're a big girl na 'di ba?" She nodded innocently.

"Then can you go alone inside without nanay?"

Mika stared at him first before she smiled at me sweetly, "Okay nanay!" Then she went inside leaving us two.

I played with my finger nails to ease my tension.

"So is she ---"

"No," I answered him coldly. He can't just felt my fear. He can't just felt that I am lying.

His eyes turned dark again leaving me the familiar level of feeling again. Slowly, he walked straight to me, not taking off his dark eyes on me.

"I know that you are lying babe..." Napaiwas ako ng tingin especially when he finally cornered me with his two hands on the wall.