Chapter 35

Miko

I was awoken from my sleep when I felt my nature calling for a release. I stood up and looked up at the clock above our room's door, and then sighed when I realized that it was just 2 am.

"Ugghhh. Too early," I whispered to myself as I put on my slippers. I glanced at my sister who seemed to be comfortably sleeping on her bed, before I walked straight to the bathroom of our room. Yeah. We are sharing the same room.

After my moment with the bowl, I made a heavy sigh when I felt my stomach grumbling for food. I lazily got out of the room while walking like some kind of zombie. Yet, I stopped when I heard some soft sobs when I passed by my mother's room. I walked back and tried to listen through the door.

Confirmed. My mother is really crying.

I attempted to open the door and gotcha! She forgot to lock it. I sneak peak like some kind of spy and tried to get near without her noticing.

I can't help it but felt so sad seeing my mom's face full of tears. This is the first time I see her crying this much. Most of the time, she will cry not out of this agonized-like nature, but because she looked so happy with us, witnessing our achievements. 

I stared at her for more seconds until I noticed a picture she is holding. My forehead creased when I realized that it is a picture of her together with some man.

'Is he my?...'

I almost screamed in surprise when she glanced at my direction. Fortunately, my reflexes were fast that I was able to hide down her bed.

***

"Hohh. That was close," I whispered to myself when I successfully got out of my mother's room and is now, inside my room.

I looked at the picture in my phone. Good thing that I have this kind of habit of always bringing my phone with me wherever I go.

I made a sigh then lie down on my bed still staring at the picture. "Who are you? Why do we have the same eye color? Why do we almost look like?"

"Are you perhaps, our dad?" I irritatingly scratched my head.

"Ugghhh. I need to ask Tito Jaguar. I know he knows something. I have this feeling that he is his..brother." I swipe to the next picture which shows the back part of the picture my mother was holding earlier.

'Jhace Mikael Yuzon <3 Dhannica Rosche Padilla.'