Chapter 14

I felt him stiffened because of my impulsive move. It took him a second before he finally realize that my lips is on his.

But before he could even respond, I choose to let go.

I chose to walk away and run.

Run while a smile is slowly forming in my lips.

Marahan kong hinawakan ang aking labi.

"I think I know now the answer, and it doesn't need to involve of kissing anymore the other," I murmured to myself while still running.

I used my shirt to clean my lips, then touch my heart, now beating at its normal rate.

"But if it means giving an assurance to him that I am finally his, I think giving him a kiss and a big yes would be enough, doesn't it?"

Jhace Mikael

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop contacting that woman Jhace Mikael!"

My mom's loud voice echoed the whole room.

"And how many times do I have to tell you to stop controlling my life! You are bullshit mom!"

I felt a sting in my face.

She slapped me.

"You have no right to raise your voice to me. You.are.just.my.son." She emphasized every word.

I turned my back against her, and walked towards the door.

We will never get a good conversation.

I was about to pass at the door when I heard her clearing her throat.

"Before you pass through that door, why don't you look at this first."

I turned my back at looked at her blankly. She is holding her phone.

"Stop it mom. No matter what you say, I trust my girl."

I saw her raising her left eye brow.

"Really huh? Why don't you see this first. Just see how slutty your gold-digger woman is."

To shut off her nonsense act, I grabbed her phone aggressively.

I looked at the phone.

Look was converted to stare. And stare was converted to rage.

"God! What a scene. I can't believe that my son is being cheated on. What a disgrace," she continued her talk full of sarcasm.

I gritted my teeth, and threw out the phone out of nowhere.

I tried to control my breathing.

No. I can't let this picture ruin what we have. I am still courting. I am still in the process of proving my love. Whatever she does, I still have no rights.

"Shut off your act mother. I still trust her. She must have reasons. I'm not like you."

Danicka

I can't contained my excitement.
I'm still inside the bus, on my way back to Manila.

I turned on my phone to check for messages and I was right, Mikael texted me. Oh well, he texts me at least 3 times a day, so I should never be surprised. I can't believe that he never gets tired.

'Hey? When are going to reply to my texts and chats. It's been 17 days since you last replied? Btw, text me the date of your arrival, I'm going to fetch you. We're going to talk.--- Mikael.'