Chapter 27

•Song for this chapter: Road Trippin'
-Dan + Shay•

"Baby, Wake up, We're here," Luke spoke shaking me awake.

I groaned, pulling my head from his shoulder.

Luke chuckled, pressing a kiss to my forehead before standing up to get our carry on bags from the compartment.

He threw both of them over his shoulder, but not before I protest.

"I got them, Sweetcheeks. Just walk." He threw me a grin before turning to walk down the steps of the plane.

"Ah, Such a gentlemen." I gushed, earning a chuckle from him.

"Always am, doll face."

Luke and I finally make it to the rented truck. It was a blue chevy almost identical to his. He threw our bags in the back. He opened my door for me before running around getting in himself.

"To the hotel we go, beautiful." He grinned.

Luke decided to get the best hotel, which happened to be the Four Seasons. It was a beautiful hotel.

"Mrs. Bryan. I don't think I'll get used to that." I spoke breaking the silence.

Never in a million years did I think I would be married to Luke. All those years ago it was just a simple crush that I never thought about actually acting on. It gets me thinking what if I actually would have? Would Luke and I have already been married? Would we already have kids? Realizing I'm overthinking, Luke pulled me from my thoughts,

"Baby, what did I tell you about overthinking?"

I shake my head at him, "I'm sorry, it just happened."

"Everything is okay. We're okay." He reassured me.

"I know," I smiled, "It was good thoughts."

"Good."

"Soo what all do we have planned?" I asked, once we finally make it to the hotel.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." Luke smiled.

Luke parked the rental truck, grabbing our bags from the back. "But I do have surprise for you." He grinned.

"Babe, more surprises? I love you, but all you got from me is love." I laughed.

"And that is absolutely enough, sweets."

"So this surprise?" I wondered out loud.

"Not getting anything outta me, sweetcheeks." Luke grinned cheekily.

The next day Luke and I were just lounging around in the hotel when a knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts.

"Babe can you get the door?" Luke yelled from the bathroom.

I walked to the door opening it to reveal my friend from England, Lucy.

"Lucy! What're you doing here?!" I smiled, pulling my long distanced best friend into a hug.

"Luke called and wanted to surprise you, so here I am!" She laughed returning my excited hug. "You're one lucky lady."

"He's the best. I love him very much."

"You talking about me ladies?" Luke spoke from behind me, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes at him, before turning to kiss his cheek, "You're the best." I mumbled against his jaw.

"Only for you." He laughed. "Why don't you come in, Luce."

•Time Skip 🤩