Chapter #19 Defection!

I was inside a hospital along with other civilians who got injured in the skirmish i just received treatment "Mr.Ivanov?" The Doctor said "Did i get your name right?"

I nodded and said "Yeah." The doctor then said "I have bad news for you, When you got shot by the 5.45 round it some how tumbled and crashed into your Shoulder blade."

I then said "So." He replied "You are permanently handicapped" He said to me as my eyes slowly widen in a mix of regret and anger. I then imagine myself unable to play basketball and help my mother. It's a feeling of helplessness like you cant do anything.I grip my hand i felt the pain in my right shoulder "Try to raise your arm." I raised it well i can hold on well. But the pain kicks in when i straighten it.

The medic then replied "Don't worry you can still fight. But then if you ever try reaching on a ledge or something like that you risk further breaking of bones and tearing of flesh."

I still cant shake off the fact that i killed Diana, Its just that...How can this be?! I placed my life on the line for the Renegades. And they stab me at the back by betraying the people they wanted to protect.

I then look down at the ground while i was sitting in the triage center. I was really angry i close my eyes i started to cry. "Those..Fucking bastards they don't know how many men and women have died under their service! " I scream eternally suddenly out of the blue i remember Harakov i start to cringe as i remember our time together as friends..But i realize I'm the one who brought down the squad!! I carefully thought about why would the Renegades betray their oath to protect the people, Maybe the Battle of the Junkyard forced them to become savage and forget about their promise, Like a desperate wolf who is willing to rip it's leg out of a snare trap.

I started to weep with sorrow. I felt responsible for their deaths. The doctor took notice of me and asked "Hey..Are you alright?" I looked at him and lay down at the bed. I saw my Mom and Natalia rushing to get inside and check me out. My mom in particular was really worried when she saw me she did not even flinch she ran to me to embrace me tightly.

"Thank god you are alright Danielle!" She cried as she hug's me tightly i felt the pain on my right shoulder. She then kissed me in the forehead and her personality suddenly changed "Dont you ever do that again! You are my only son and i cant let you die like this!"

I understood my Mother she was worried i looked down and replied with a low voice "Sorry Mom." Natalia then stood by and told me "Danielle, I'm really surprised you managed to kill 2 bandits with nothing but a Mosin rifle" She was obviously does not know that these 'Bandits' are actually my comrades. I stood up from the bed the medics then told me "You are still injured! Stay!!"

I changed my mind. There is no going back i look at Natalia who was shocked with the way i look at her i then kneel in front of her and told her "Remember the time you urged me to join the USRR?" I chuckled and said " These Bandits are..One of my comrades." Natalia and my mom was stunned. I said "I saw one of their faces. They were not a bunch of hooligans they are all part of the Renegade branch they lost the battle of the Junk yard and in order to recover from their wounds they had to steal..So Natalia." She then said "What?"

I smiled while my eyes was dripping from tears and i shout "I'M DEFECTING TO THE USRR!!!!" She smiles and stands with confidence she then said "Stand." I stood up and she said " I accept you as a comrade a fellow ally in war and savior of humanity!" but she then told me "Since you saved me i will take you under my wing since I'm the commander of the USRR Expedition Force in the Black zone!" Woah! She was actually one of the adventurer's in that forsaken zone. The black zone is like a cage it stops people from leaving.

I then look at my Mother and said "Sorry mom i need to get to USRR lands fast." She was worried abit and said "Alright son take care."

I nodded and we left the medic station. I took my RPK and backpack and made a last minute shopping for gear and we soon left Spiker. I was with Natalia when we left Spiker i saw a long road it had broken down cars and tree's growing around decaying buildings the sun started to set at that direction.

I then told her "Well, The road is long ahead huh?" She nodded and we begin to descend into Commie lands

While we were walking in the once great streets. The sky turned dark its night out of the blue Natalia begun to hum "I fought the law and law won. I fought the law and law won hmm.."

END OF BOOK ONE