2: It's Medicinal, If Dat Makes Ya Feel Betta

Wednesday, October 6th, 1993 6:04 AM

Waverly was going to be pissed.

One moment it was just after midnight and the next, Jeremy was waking up in the library at 6 AM with a flashcard stuck to his cheek.

He groaned, collecting the several stacks of flashcards that surrounded him and rubber banding them together, doing his best to keep the stacks grouped together by the people they were going to. After he'd packed all of his things into his satchel, Jeremy took advantage of the dorm elevator, riding it all the way to the sixth floor and sludging his way to his room, unlocking the door, and creeping inside. He threw his satchel onto his bed and opened his closest as quietly as possible, digging around for something that didn't smell like the iced coffee he'd spilt on himself the morning before.

His roommate remained passed out after another obvious night of drinking even though he had classes 8 AM morning. He stayed pretty much motionless throughout all of Jeremy's movement throughout the dorm aside from the rise and fall of his chest and random twitching of his tattooed arm.

Jeremy threw his satchel over his shoulder and shoved fresh flashcards and all of his notes into it and left the dorm, closing the door quietly behind him. He took the elevator back down to the first floor where the usual morning study groups were already milling around, waiting for all of their members while the procrastinators were rushing into the library to study for a test that they'd forgotten about.

"Jeremy!" someone called from behind him when he tried to leave.

He turned, already rummaging through his bag for a stack of flashcards that he'd finished the night before. He handed them over and in return the person handed him $8 and a different notebook for a new set of flashcards..

"You're the best!" they said before returning back to their study group.

Jeremy cast them a small smiled and added the notebook to his satchel before stepping outside into the cool, October air. He started on his normal morning walk to the bakery near the science hall that never seemed to get the kind of business it deserved, because if anyone was up from the time it opened at 5 AM, they tended to go to the 24 hour diner on the other side of campus.

He opened the door to the bakery, stepping into the smell of fresh baked goods and coffee.

"Welcome to The Muffin Man," called the barista who was working on something with her back turned to him. She turned with a tray of fresh doughnuts and smiled when she saw that it was him. "Oh, hiya, Jer! The usual?"

Jeremy nodded and counted out the exact change he needed. "How're you, Rosie?" he asked the barista as she made his coffee.

"Kinda sore..." she said, grinning at him. "Got absolutely railed last night."

He snorted a laugh. "Earl again?"

"No! I'm over him!" Rosita said, pretending to be offended. Jeremy tipped his head at her and she bit back a laugh. "Okay, yes, shut up."

"You act like I'm gonna judge you for doing something that makes you obviously very happy," Jeremy chuckled, glancing at the hickeys sticking out from the neckline of her shirt.

Rosita sighed, looking at Jeremy's rough appearance as she waited for the almond milk to steam. "Looks like you could use a good railing too. For shit's sake, Jer, did you even sleep last night?"

He shrugged. "A little."

"Gonna go ahead and give you an extra shot of expresso. I don't really feel like making one of your professors peel your dead body off their classroom floor."