4: I Be Jus' a Gentle Giant

Wednesday, October 6th, 1993 9:02 AM

"I like yer satchel," Robin said while they walked, shoving his hands into his pocket.

"Thanks," Jeremy mumbled awkwardly, glancing at the similar looking satchel that Robin was carrying. "I like yours, too."

"Aye, yer all nervous again," Robin laughed, bumping Jeremy with his arm. "Do I make ya nervous, Shorty?"

Jeremy forced a chuckle and scratched the back of his head, "I mean, I'm always a little nervous around really attractive men, so..."

Robin's brows raised and he looked towards him. "So are ya gay, den?"

"Actually, I've got anxiety."

Robin's eyes widened and he moved over a tad bit to try and create a reasonable amount of space between them. "Oh- I-"

"I'm just kidding," Jeremy laughed. "I'm gay, too." He looked up at Robin with a small grin on his face.

Robin let out a heavy sigh and shook his head, "Jaysus. Ya scared me dere for a second, Shorty."

"You scare me a little in general."

"Aw, don't be scared o' me. I be jus' a gentle giant, I swear it," Robin said, closing the gap between them once again. "Here we are."

They stopped in front of the campus diner and Robin pulled the door open for him.

"Oh, thank you," Jeremy mumbled, feeling the blush creep up his cheeks.

"Y'all can sit wherever you'd like," a waitress said from behind the main counter.

Robin flashed her a smile and led Jeremy towards a booth in the back corner. They threw their bags into the inside of the seats and sat across from each other.

"So. Tell me, Shorty," Robin started.

"Tell you what?" Jeremy asked.

The waitress came up to their table with menus and a notepad before Robin could answer. "Can I start you boys out with something to drink?"

"Water," Jeremy answered with a friendly smile.

Robin nodded. "I'll take the same."

The waitress clicked her pen after jotting it down. "Alright. I'll have those out for ya in jiff." They both thanked her and she turned away to attend to another group.

"I don't think I could ever get tired of your smile," Jeremy sighed, propping his elbows up on the table and leaning his chin on his hands.

Robin smiled a little more with a blush of his own, "Yer sweet."

"I'm truthful. I pride myself on always being honest"

The waitress arrived with their drinks and the boys both ordered plates of hashbrowns and plant based waffles, Robin with a side of sausage links.

"Dat mean I can ask ya anythin' 'n you'll tell me t'e truth?" Robin questioned when the waitress had left.

Jeremy thought for a second, taking a sip of his drink, "I suppose it does, yeah. I will have to request that I get a few free passes... Just in case."

"I can respect dat," Robin said with a smirk. "We all have our tings."

"Some more than others," Jeremy muttered, looking away for a moment. "Well, I guess I'm open to any and all questions you want to ask."

Robin opened his straw and blew the paper at him, nailing him in the forehead. "What're ya majoring in?"

Jeremy shot him a look, balling it up and throwing it back at him. "Chemistry, minoring in astronomy," he answered.