8: I'm An Absolute Delight Ta Be 'Round

Friday, October 8th, 1993 6:02 AM

For the first time in a long time, Jeremy didn't wake up because of a nightmare jolting him back into reality. Instead, it was the sound of his roommate throwing things.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jeremy groaned, rubbing his eyes to try and see through the darkness.

"Whassit to you?" his roommate slurred, chucking an unseen object at a spot above Jeremy's head.

"Hey!" he yelled, scrambling out of bed and turning on a light to see the ten or eleven beer cans littering the floor of their dorm and a broken R2-D2 action figure scattered on his bed. "What's your problem, man? Someone's gonna call the RA on us if you keep this up," he grumbled, collecting the broken pieces and setting them on his nightstand.

"Lettem come!" he yelled, chucking an empty beer can at the wall and grabbing another out of a box on the floor. "Dumb hoes think they can just-" he growled, stumbling over himself.

Jeremy sighed and took the beer from his hands and grabbed his arm, leading him to his bed. "Time to go to sleep, bud," he mumbled, struggling to get the 6 foot, babbling man into his bed. His roommate face planted, his face buried into the pillow and his body going limp immediately.

"Girls ar'dumb..." he trailed, drifting to sleep already. "Just-"

Jeremy didn't know if he'd said anything after that because he'd started packing up the beer cans and an almost entirely empty bottle of whiskey from the floor. He put it all into a small box before starting to get ready.

When he went into the bathroom, he found that he was still dressed in Robin's clothes from the day before. He smiled, thinking about all of the events that had taken place and took a breath into the shirt, still able to smell the linger scent of weed and vanilla.

He washed his face and did his best to contain his curls, finding one section of hair that would not be tamed no matter what he put on it. "Whatever," he grumbled, moving to his dresser to find a pair of khaki pants and his third favorite pair of socks, also known as his Friday socks because of the planets all over them and the fact that he only wore them to his extra credit opportunity for Astronomy on Fridays. He paused at his closet, opting to just pull a hoodie on over Robin's shirt rather than changing out of it.

Jeremy shoved some materials into his satchel and gently took the R2-D2's legs, head, and body along with some glue and a screwdriver so he could work on fixing it between flashcards. Last, he grabbed his keys, Batman wallet, and the box of alcohol and left the dorm to his roommate, hoping that he wouldn't be as aggressive with his things when he woke up.

He found Waverly's dorm on the third floor and set the box in front of it with a flashcard that read, 'Save for a better time, -Jer'. He knew that his roommate would be pissed if he knew that Jeremy had taken his booze, but there was a better chance that he would just assume he'd drank them all before he passed out which was better for all involved.

Jeremy sighed as he made his way out of the building, pulling R2-D2 out of his bag and staring down sadly at his dismantled body. "I'm sorry, Artoo. I'll put you back together later," he mumbled, starting to really examine the damages.

By the time he'd gotten to the other side of the campus, his hope for repair had grown weak. The joints were bent and snapped in all the wrong places along with some other things that he wasn't sure he could fix himself.

A light whistle in his direction caused Jeremy to pause, glancing up and finding the lights of the Muffin Man sign lighting up in his face. He looked around, confused on how he'd managed to get so far without realizing it.