5: It Be a Mistake ta Take a Dare From Me, Love

Wednesday, October 6th, 1993 3:04 PM

"How is this acceptable?! I would expect this kind of work out of grade seven students, but AP English college sophomores?! A paragraph is five sentences! And an essay is five paragraphs at least! I know what all of you are capable of and this is not it! I don't care that midterms are right around the corner. That's even more of a reason to be putting the effort in! . . ." The English professor let out a heavy sigh as she paced the floor in the front of the lecture hall.

Every single student in the room stared at her with horrified eyes, following her every move just in case there were any more surprises. She was the last professor that they could see blowing their top like that. She was usually the sweetest woman, telling them stories to take up class time and bringing in her homemade baked goods every single Friday.

But it seemed that something had pushed her buttons today.

She looked back towards all of them, raising her brows. "Now what do you say?"

Some kid tipped his head back in the front row, deadpanning to the class, "One, two, three."

"Sorry, Jolene," the rest of them chorus.

"Thank you."

Waverly let out a shaky breath as she dared to take a glance next to her at Jeremy, who looked just about as scared as she did. He slowly shook his head, leaning back in his chair with a sigh.

They both knew this was going to be a long class period.

4:09 PM

And they were right.

Jolene finally released them after holding them after the last bell of the day. Waverly shoved her things into her bag and threw it over her shoulders, nudging her glasses up her nose as she leaned back against the arm of her chair, waiting for Jeremy to finish packing up.

"What crawled up her ass?" He muttered with a shake of his head.

"I have no idea," she sighed, pushing off the chair and walking with him to get over to the line of people trying to get out of the room. "Hey, Rosita and I were talking in Bio and she said that she wants to do Friendsgiving again this weekend. Are you in?"

Jeremy looked towards her with a huge smile. "Of course! Last year was so fun!"

Waverly smiled ear to ear as they walked out of the class, moving over and standing by the wall of windows so they could continue talking. "Great! I'll call her later and we'll work out all the details, but . . ."

"But?" Jeremy echoed, raising his brows in question.

"I was wondering if, maybe I don't k-" Waverly jumped when she felt fingers push into the sides of her hips and heard a loud mouth pop near her ear. She grabbed onto the hands as she spun around, feeling her body relax when her eyes found Nicole's smile. She squeezed her hands. "Hey, you."

"Did I scare ya?" The redhead asked with a grin.

"You did, yea," Waverly laughed, dropping her hands. "What're you doing here?"

"Waitin' fer ya ta get outta class," she shrugged.

"Really?" She asked softly, and Jeremy rolled his eyes at their heart-eyes.

Nicole nodded, "Me last class was last period, so I took a stroll o'er 'ere."

"So," Jeremy interrupted before they could swoon together any more than they already had. "D'you guys have fun this morning?" He looked between them with a shit-eating grin, letting his eyes rest on Nicole. "Ya know, Waves seemed awfully happy when she got to Calc this morning."