29: We're Inna Room Full o' Daddy Issues

Thursday, November 11th, 1993 12:02 PM

Waverly blinked her eyes open, letting out an annoyed whine as she tried to bury her face back in Nicole's chest to block out the piercing noise of the phone ringing. Nicole simply pulled her pillow over her head, so Waverly groaned, pushing off of her and her glasses on when she grabbed them, tipping the phone towards her. "Unknown number," she mumbled.

"Answer it," Nicole mumbled back, her voice muffled by the pillow still over her head.

"It's your phone," she huffed.

"So?" Nicole rolled onto her other side so that her back was to Waverly.

She let out an annoyed sigh as she put the phone to her ear, clearing her throat a bit. "Hello?"

"Uh . . . Is dis Nicky Haught's dorm?"

Waverly raised her brows at whoever this Irish woman was. "Yeah . . . Are you a friend of her's?"

There was a soft laugh that seemed like the woman had tried to stifle. "I guess ya could call me dat . . . Name's Shae. Jus' tell 'er-"

"You're Shae?" Waverly asked with wide eyes, letting out a huff when the phone was immediately ripped from her hands.

"Shae," Nicole mumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

"Well, if it ain't me favorite redhead!"

Nicole rolled her eyes with a chuckle, "Aye, Love. What's t'e craic?"

"I'm alrigh' . . . Seems ya've been bloody busy, t'ough. Ain't heard from ya in feckin' donkey's years."

Nicole sighed, throwing her arm across her forehead. "I'ma college student full time workin' on me pre-law, o' course I'm feckin' busy! Dis t'e first time ya've called, so don't give me dat shite."

"I'ma college student workin' on me undergrad fer medical school, shut yer fuckin' gob!"

Nicole laughed a little with a shake of her head. "I've missed yer whiney arse, ya know it?" Waverly rolled her eyes and went to climb off the bed to leave her girlfriend alone as she caught up with her ex, but Nicole caught her arm and pulled her over, making her lay down on her chest and wrapping an arm around her.

". . . I've missed you, too, Love." Shae cleared her throat a bit after a second, and Nicole could hear the smirk in her voice, "So ya wanna tell me who answered t'e phone?"

Nicole smiled a little, pressing a couple of kisses to Waverly's forehead as she gently pulled her fingers through her hair. "Ya mean me girlfriend?"

She pulled the phone away from her ear, having known it was coming before it even had. "NICOLE HAUGHT'S GOTTA MOT?"

Nicole grinned as she slid her hand up and down Waverly's back a few times before slipping her hand down and giving her ass a squeeze. "Yes, Ma'am." Waverly scooted up and dropped her mouth to her neck, grinning as she marked her pulse point.

"Well, butter me bloody bum 'n call me toast! I didn't think ya had it in anymore."

Nicole licked her lips and shot Waverly a little glare when she lifted her head. ". . . Neither did I, trust me."

"C'mon now, tell me 'bout 'er," Shae urged.

Nicole hummed and closed her eyes when Waverly had pushed up the bottom of her grey tank top, beginning to drop kisses to her stomach. "She's . . . Hell, Robbie said it, I will, too. She's probably t'e best t'ing dat's ever happened ta me."