25: Do Ya Know How Bloody Scary it is?

Tuesday, November 2nd, 1993, 6:26 PM

Nicole took a step back from the brunette and ran a hand down her face, letting out an airy breath, "Oh, bloody 'ell."

Waverly shook her head, more tears rolling down her cheeks. "Bub, I'm so sorry, I-"

"Don't Bub me! How t'e fuck did ya even get dis, Waverly?" Nicole's eyes were wide as they flicked over her face. "Did ya go t'rough me file?!"

"I- I didn't mean to, I promise."

Nicole let out a loud scoff as she threw her arms out in exasperation. "Ya didn't mean to?! How d'ya not mean to?! What? Ya want me ta go t'rough all o' your shite now? Huh? Is dat alrigh' with ya?-"

"Corporal," Robin growled out, glaring at her when Nicole's furious eyes snapped towards him. "Hear 'er out, fer Christ's sake."

Nicole looked back towards the brunette with a locked jaw. Waverly had flinched when Nicole's arms had moved before. She had her hands clutched to her chest like she was protecting herself, never having seen Nicole angry at her like this before. "Please don't get mad, I'm s-sorry."

Waverly's words came out so soft and so fragile, Nicole was worried that she was going to break any second now. It took her all but a moment to remember her past. She realized that yelling at her was probably not the best way to get anything out of her since it was more likely to send her into a panic attack. Nicole let out a breath, clenching her jaw as she looked down at the picture for a few seconds. She ran a hand down her face as she racked her thoughts over for a few seconds, sighing as she lifted her head and moved towards her, but the brunette flinched again and took a step back.

Nicole slowed down, putting her hands out a little. "Aye. Relax." Waverly stared up at her with a mixture of worry and fear evident on her face. It wasn't until Nicole had her arms wrapped around Waverly's shaking body and a hand running through her hair that she started to relax, though. "I know, I scared ya, Love. I'm sorry . . . I'd never hurt ya, I meant it when I told ya dat."

Waverly choked back her tears, her arms still folded against her chest as she pressed her face into Nicole's shirt. "I'm so sorry."

Nicole let out a sigh, releasing her from the hug and letting her arms fell back to her sides. "Let's . . . find somewhere ta chat, yea?" Waverly nodded with a sniffle, wiping her hands on her face. "Alrigh'." Nicole approached The Muffin Man booth knowing Robin still had hard eyes on her. "Ya got some napkins back dere or somethin'?" Robin leaned towards the table beside him and grabbed a couple, handing them over to her. "T'anks," she mumbled, her eyes snapping up when his fingers wrapped around her wrist. They shared a look, and a message passed between them without any words needing to be said. Nicole gave him a small nod, stepping back when he released her arm and walking back over to Waverly. She handed her the napkins to use on her face, leading them away from the booth.

They walked in silence for a few minutes all the way to the track that was next to the area being used for the Harvest Fest. No one seemed to be around, so Nicole walked over to the metal bleachers and climbed over the bottom row, taking a seat on the second and propping her feet up on the first row. Waverly sat next to her, leaving about a foot or so between them.

They were quiet for another couple seconds before starting at the same time, "So . . ."

They made eye contact for the first time since they had left, and Nicole swallowed, running her thumb over the edge of the picture when she pulled it out of her pocket. "Explain ta me . . . how ya found dis on accident."