~Chapter Four~

Tara's POV

I turn the engine off and get out of my car, making sure that my purse and phone are inside of my bag. I walk up to Riverbank, the restaurant Veer and I agreed to meet at, and see Veer standing by the entrance, talking on his phone.

I look both ways before crossing the road, just in time to see him get off his phone. He lifts his head up from his phone and sees me walking towards him. He smiles brightly at me and I return it.

Once I reached him, we both exchanged a quick hug and he opened the door for me, letting me go in first. I thanked him and we sat down at a empty booth near a window.

I scan the restaurant as people rush in and out since it was the lunch time rush. I've always loved how they decorated this place. Two seater tables in the middle of the restaurant with some booths hugging the walls as well.

"Oh, it's been a while since I've last been here." Veer adds, looking around the place.

"Same here." I chuckle to myself before continuing. "I remember Kabir dragged me to this restaurant maybe a year ago?"

"Dragged you?" He gave me a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, he was having some girl problems and asked me for some advice."

"So, you're good with relationships?"

I start laughing a bit. "I wish I was but sadly, I'm not."

"Don't worry. I'm rocking the same boat as you."

A waiter comes to our table with his notepad in one hand and his pen in the other. "Hello, my name is Steve and I'll be your waiter this afternoon. Can I start you guys off with any drinks?"

We both pick up the menu and I scan through the drinks. I'm driving so I can't have any alcohol.

And you're hungover as well.

Shut up, conscience.

"I'll have a Diet Coke with no lemon or ice, please." I say kindly, putting my menu down.

"Diet Coke with no lemon and ice and how about you?" He asks Veer, tapping the back of his pen on the pad.

"I'll have a virgin pinã colada with no ice." He tells the waiter, handing his menu over to him as well as mines.

"I'll be back in a few moments with your drinks and I'll take the rest of your orders."

We thank him and immediately starting talking and getting to know each other better.

"How long have you known the guys?" I ask with a small smile.

"For about a year now."

"Wow."

He chuckles a bit. "What?"

"Just a bit confused on why the rest of us met you now."

"There just wasn't any time." He taps his fingers on the table in a melodic pattern. "When I met the guys, which was at a party. I was still in university, giving my final exams."

"Oh, right." I nod, understanding why it took while to meet him and the waiter comes back with our drinks.

"One Diet Coke with no lemon or ice for you, Miss." He places that glass down in front of me with the napkin wrapped straw and I thank him.

And one virgin pinã colada with no ice for you, Sir. Are you guys both ready to order?" He takes his pad and pen out again.

I look at Veer and he nods. We give our orders to Steve as he nods his head, finishing writing down our order and taking our menus away with him.