~Chapter Seven~

Tara's POV

I lay in different positions on the couch, trying to get comfortable as I watch the film. My eyes were about to drift shut but something obviously had to keep me awake.

"Tara, I'm going to be staying over at Kabir's." Sara says from behind me. "Do you want to come with me as well?"

I mumble a no as she sits down next to me. The position I'm in right now is kind of hard to explain but my head is dangling from the bottom of the couch with my legs up on the head rest.

"What's up?" She asks me while putting her shoes on. "You've been quiet for a few days and that's not normal."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Her eyes widen slightly at the random question. "I mean it depends."

"On what?"

"On who the person is." She puts out. "Why are you asking anyway?"

"It's not like I'm in love or anything." I sit up properly on the couch with my legs crossed to face Sara. "But I feel something towards him."

She gives me a confused look before asking. "Who's him?"

I give her a pointed look and she seemed to understand now.

"You feel something for Veer?" She asks and I just nod. "Well, being your older sister, I'd say go with your gut."

"You think so?"

"Tara, when are you ever going to feel like this again?" She sighs briefly before continuing. "Shaan was a complete waste of your time and it made you stop believing in love."

We rest our heads against each other and I speak up. "I just thought our lives would be exactly like a Shahrukh Khan film."

"Don't we all dream for that?" Sara starts. "Have a guy love you so much just like SRK in Kal Ho Na Ho. (Tomorrow may not be here.)"

"You do know that he dies at the end."

"I know that but still, Aman loved Naina so much."

"Don't forget Saif Ali Khan's character."

"Of course not but still, imagine if Aman didn't die at the end."

"Everything would be so much more different." I answer and she quickly gives me a knowing look.

"Exactly. Now, imagine if Veer and you went out with each other?"

"Everything would be so much more different." I repeat myself and slowly think about everything.

"Don't knock it til you try it, Tara." She grabs her handbag. "Just because one guy broke your heart, doesn't mean the rest of the world will."

She gives my knee a quick squeeze with a smile on her face before getting up to walk to the front door.

"How long are you gonna be at Kabir's?" I ask her just before she leaves.

"I'll be back before mum and dad get back here." She gives me a sad look before she smiles widely. "You want me to ask Veer to come here?"

I slowly nod my head because I know all too well that I wouldn't buck up enough courage to even pick up my phone.

She types very quickly on her phone for a few seconds. Once she's done, she gives me a warm smile and a thumbs up before exiting the front door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I force myself up from the couch and walk into the kitchen. My throat itching for a warm cup of tea. I fill the kettle up with cold water before setting it down and waiting for it to boil.