~Chapter Eighteen~

Tara's POV

Writing in my notebook before I go to sleep is something that I've always enjoyed doing. It helps me destress even when I'm not that stressed out.

It makes me think about all the things I could've done, could've done differently and things that I've actually done in the day.

I've never really kept a diary when I was younger because I know I wouldn't have committed to it but writing anything before going to sleep does help me.

My phone rings loudly, making me jump to the moon in fear. I look at my wall clock and see that it's just past midnight.

I put the lid back on my pen and close my notebook before taking my phone off the charger. I was about to answer the call but it cut off and I couldn't see who called me.

I check my calls and see a missed call from Veer and I call him back, really confused on why he's calling me now at this time.

He picks up straight away but stays silent. I hear some hiccuping and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Hello." I say after a long moment of silence.

"Tara." Veer sings on the other side, hiccuping at the end.

"Hey, Veer." I say as I turn my main light off and turn my lamp on. "You okay?"

"I'm very well. How do you do?" He slurs before laughing.

"I'm fine. Are you drunk?"

"Noooo." He say and hiccups again, confirming my suspicion. "What makes you think that?"

I roll my eyes before speaking. "Because your hiccuping quite a bit and also your words coming out weird."

He scoffs and hiccups again. "My words are coming out very fine, thank you very much."

"Veer, why are you calling me?" I ask him, twirling my hair around my finger.

"I can't talk to my best friend?"

"I never said you can't talk to your best friend but won't your girlfriend get really mad that you're talking to me and not her?"

There was a long pause and I thought that he hanged up on me but he finally answered.

"She's not like that."

I decide to tease him a bit. "By the way you spoke about her, that's what I thought."

"She's not like you." He finally says after his tenth pause in a row.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"She's nothing like you." He whispers before chuckling a bit.

I sit up properly in my bed as I scratch my head in confusion, suddenly getting really warm.

"Tara, you appreciated my date with you. You even paid! Whenever I used to take Myra out. She would always complain how it wasn't fancy enough for her and how her ex would always take her to this big expensive restaurant." He chokes out hoarsely.

"Are you crying?"

"What? No!" He says in defence, making me laugh a bit. "I'm lying on my bed with my head hanging upside down."

"Sit up right then." I tell him, putting my legs in a basket.

He mumbles before speaking properly. "No, too much effort right now."

I roll my eyes at him but I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face because of his silliness.

"Imagine you were my girlfriend. You would be the best. You wouldn't complain about where I would take you for our forty seventh date."