~Chapter Ten~

Tara's POV

The girls were over at mine and Sara's, eating our food as normal as we chat about anything and everything.

"What you all doing tonight?" Sara asks all of us, sitting down at the island next to Zoya.

Isha looks up from her phone before locking it and putting it face down on the counter. "Why?"

"I thought us girls could have a girls night." Sara explains, eating some crisps. "It's been a while since the last one."

"Yeah, I agree." Isha says, going back onto her phone. "When and where?"

Sara thinks for a few moments. "Tara and I's at around eight."

"Are mum and dad okay with that?" I ask, eating some more peanuts from the tray in front of us.

"They're not back yet, genius." Sara tells me, rolling her eyes in the process.

I throw a peanut at her which drops to the floor but that didn't stop her from eat it though. We all laugh at her action.

Once our laughter subsided, Zoya asks. "Who's bringing what?"

"I'll bring the snacks and desserts." Isha says, not looking up from her phone.

We all look at her with confusion written all over our faces. What is she doing on that phone?

"I'll bring the magazines and games." Sara says.

"I'll bring all the skin care and beauty products." Zoya tells us, putting her mug in the sink.

And I was the last to say something. "And I'll bring all the films and hot chocolate."

"Perfect." We all say in unison, making us all get into a fit of giggles.

While laughing, I notice that Isha's eyes are still glued onto her screen. I click my fingers to try and gain her attention but I fail. Sara pokes her shoulder and Isha just whacks her hand away.

Zoya has a mischievous grin on her face. She slowly reaches her hand forward and takes Isha's phone out of her hand. Isha's eyes go wide and she immediately jumps from her seat to chase Zoya.

Zoya starts shrieking like a mad man as Isha tries to take her phone back. Sara and I are laughing our heads off and Zoya secretly hands the phone over to me, running straight into the living room with Isha on her toes.

Sara takes the phone off of me and quickly tries to guess Isha's password. She puts in different combinations and Isha's phone gets disabled for a minute.

I look at her with wide eyes. "Sara, what on earth are you doing?"

"Seeing what's keeping her eyes glued onto her phone." She simply answers and tries to guess again after it got enabled again.

"That's not right." I tell her, trying to grab the phone from her. "This isn't our phone."

"Tara, live a little." She pushes my hand away. "It's not like I'm gonna see every single small detail."

"Sara, it's still really wrong." I fold my arms.

"Why are you getting so defensive over this?"

At first, I wasn't going to answer that questions but I'm glad I did. "Because it's, it's just wrong."

"Think of a better excuse, Tara." She rolls her eyes and finally unlocks Isha's phone. "Really? Kabir's birthday?"

"Sara, put her phone down."

"You're acting like someone has snooped on your phone before. It's not like I'm some sort of possessive person..." She trails off as she sees my eyes pooling with tears.

She drops the phone on the counter and turns my way, looking apologetically at me.

"Tara, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said just there. I completely forgot for a split second that he always used to look through your phone."

She wipes my loose tears with the pad of her thumb and lifts my chin up to look at her. She hugs me tightly and I could tell that she was going to cry as well.

"I wasn't there for you as big sister like I'm supposed to be." She strokes my hair with her hand. "I just kicked you to the curb until I actually saw how much this affected you. I was so selfish and I thought that Aarav and I only had major problems in our relationship."

"I didn't do anything to him yet he kept blaming me for everything." I choke out, wiping my eyes.

"He's an asshole and will forever be one. He doesn't deserve a girl like you. You are strong, confident and beautiful. Don't you ever forget that, baby sister."

Zoya and Isha walk back in with their eyes widening slightly at my current state. They both run up to Sara and I.

"Group hug!" Zoya yells straight into my ear and the girls immediately tangle their arms around me, making it difficult for me to get a breath of air.

"Okay, you guys can let go now." I say quickly, gasping for air.

Zoya looks between Sara and I. "What happened?"

Sara and I look at each other and I silently tell her not to say anything about what just happened.

The girls all know what happened between Shaan and I but I don't want to bring up the past and I also don't want Isha to know that Sara was very close to snooping on her phone.

Sara nods her head at me. "Tara was remembering SRK films and then she started to talk about DDLJ and the fight scene that happens at the train station."

"And that made you cry?" Isha asks me, not believing what's coming out of Sara's mouth. "I thought her tub of cookies ran out or something?"

"That would've been a better reason." Sara whispers to herself, making me hold my laughter in.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Zoya asks me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Just one of those days, I guess?" I sigh slightly, resting my head on Zoya's shoulder.

Isha raises her brow in suspicion. "And the thought of SRK fighting a bunch of bad men in a train station makes you want to cry?"

"Who wouldn't cry at that? I don't want SRK hurt."

"It's a film, Tara." She says blandly.

"So is Kuch Kuch Hota Hai but that didn't stop you, did it?" I fight back, causing Zoya to burst out in laughter.

Isha shakes her head at me before smiling and wrapping her arms around all of us.

I'm so thankful for my friends and goofy sister.

.•.•.•.

So, today is my first day of my last year in high school and it's going to be extremely stressful due to the pandemic, but I won't let it stop me from updating on the usual days.

Save me though x

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE

💫✨🌙✨💫