~Chapter Seventeen~

Veer's POV

"So, that will be it for today's meeting. Any questions?" We all glance at each before looking back at our boss.

"You guys can go home early. Have a nice night." We say our farewells to each other before exiting the meeting room.

I walk up to my desk and see a message flashing on the phone receiver.

"Hey, V. There's a woman down here at reception who would like to meet you once your done. She's perfectly fine waiting a long time." Anna, the reception, says tiredly through the phone.

I put the phone back down on the receiver, scratching my head in confusion as I pick up my phone and jacket and I head out my office.

Walking to the elevator, I get stopped by my co-worker, Raj. "Who is that girl at reception crying for you?"

I raise my eyebrow at Raj and ask him. "Crying for me?"

He nods his head and rubs his forehead. "Yes, she's crying for you and keeps screaming your name. I'm still surprised that her screams haven't reached the floor yet, good luck."

He pats my back and I go into the elevator, pressing the ground floor button and waiting patiently for it to teach the ground floor.

Could it be Tara waiting for me? No, she won't create a commotion for no reason like that.

The elevator dings, signalling that I've reached the ground floor but my mind is still really confused.

"Myra!"

My eyes almost came out of their sockets as I see her running up to me like she's in a Bollywood film.

"Veer!" She screams and hugs me too tightly for my liking. "All of your workers have been telling me that you're too busy for me!"

I unravel her from and explain to her. "They're not my workers and they've told me that you were fine waiting for me."

She just rolls her eyes at me before fixing her hair and turning back to look at me, flashing me a toothy smile.

"I don't care. I'm just happy you're finally here."

"But why are you here?" I ask her and then start to get mad about what happened when she was last here. "Last time you caused such a riot that almost costed me my job."

"I apologised, didn't I?" She scoffs at me.

"No, you actually didn't."

"You're so negative." She mumbles, adjusting her bag.

"Tell me why you're here." I ask her as I motion for her to leave the building before she pulls another stunt like last time.

"I just miss you."

"Myra, don't start this again."

"Veer, I'm serious." She pulls my arms and stops me walking any further. "I understand my parents did some things behind your back but that doesn't mean that I was part of it."

"Your parents planned a whole damn wedding and you were pretty dressed up when I arrived for your 'family dinner'."

"You can't blame me for my parents mistakes. I still love you very much and I know you still love me as well. It's not like you're dating again."

Once she says that last sentence, my mind straight away went to Tara.

She gives me a concerned look. "Are you?"

"It's complicated." I tell her honestly.

She gasps quietly, making me want to roll my eyes at her unnecessary drama.