~Chapter Twenty Five~

Tara's POV

"You're an idiot!" I exclaim, running up to him.

He looks up at me with broken eyes and then looks back at the ocean in front of him. He shifts about before placing his chin on his knees.

He's been crying.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

He gets up from his spot and starts to walk away from me. I walk behind him, trying to keep up with him.

"Veer!" I shout and he just continues to walk away from me.

"Veer!"

He still ignores me and starts to walk even more faster. I start to run a bit to catch up with him but he starts running as well.

I stop in my tracks as I continue to watch him slow down his pace and walk much more further away from me.

"VEER!"

"VEER!"

I open my eyes in a state of panic as I quickly sit up on my bed, looking around my room for Veer. I see him sleeping peacefully right next to me as I try to steady my breathing but it's no use.

I feel a layer of sweat forming over my forward as my breathing is all messed up and I place my hand on my heart which is beating rapidly. I glance at my clock on my bedside table and see it one in the morning.

I mentally grown to myself and lift the covers up from my body, swinging my legs over the bed as I try to cool down my body. I walk over to wear his hoodie was and I put it on before exiting my bedroom and going down the stairs to enter the kitchen.

I open the kitchen cabinet and take a glass out, filling it with water. I down the water as quick as I can before closing my eyes for a few seconds.

I turn around, opening my eyes in the process and I see ma sitting at the kitchen island. She gives me a tired smile before motioning for me to sit next to her.

I walk over to where she is, sitting down right next to her. I place my head on her shoulder and she almost immediately pats my head.

"What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same question." I say back to her before answering. "I had a bad dream so I came for some water. Your turn."

She rolls her eyes at me. "Take a wild guess on why you think I could be here."

"Pa is snoring that loudly?" I ask in astonishment.

She only nods her at me and I couldn't help but start laughing really loudly before I slap a hand over my mouth as I remember it's late at night.

"Veer gone home?" She asks me, making my eyes go wide as I try hard to think of an answer.

I nervously laugh and scratch the back of my head as she gives me a smirk. She only nods her head at me before changing the topic.

"What was your dream about?"

I sigh at the question she asks me as I lift my head up from her shoulder before answering her question.