~Chapter Fourteen~

Tara's POV

"Happy birthday!" I scream at Kabir as I attack him with a huge hug. "Oh my God! You're twenty five!"

"I know. It's terrifying for me?" He says in a confused voice before giving a hug to everyone else.

Kabir is officially twenty five years old and the next birthday is Veer's and we all have to figure out what to do for his birthday.

Dev passes a shot glass to Kabir. "Halfway to fifty, old guy."

"And you're halfway to fifty two, old guy." Kabir teases, making Dev roll his eyes.

We all hand him is gift. We used to her separate gifts for each other but then we all agreed a few years back that we'll all chip in for one gift to make life easier for all of us.

"So, how you gonna celebrate it?" Veer asks him, passing a shot glass to the rest of us.

"Oh, I didn't think of that." Kabir rubs his chin as a way to think. "Oops."

"How can you forget to figure out you're own birthday celebrations?"

"By forgetting, Aarav." Kabir says sarcastically before whacking Aarav upside his head. "That's how."

"How about we all go to the new club that opened downtown?" Isha suggests. "I forgot what it's called."

"Cyber Lights?" Veer answers for her, making Isha snap her fingers at him.

"That's the one." She says, making all of us agree.

"My colleague from work went there for her husband's birthday and she said it was absolutely amazing." Zoya tells all of us.

"I guess it's settled." Sara says out loud to all of us before we all part ways to get ready.

.•.•.

Veer's POV

The eight of us enter the club, walking in two groups. The colourful, bright strobe lights bounced off of all the corners in the club, making the atmosphere so energetic.

There was a bar right next to the entrance of the club and we all headed there to grab a few shots to get us all started for the big night. The girls all rushed to bathroom together and said they'll be back in a few minutes.

Dev orders us a round of tequila shots. We all said cheers to each other before taking the shot. Dev orders another round and this time, the girls came back and they had it with us.

"To Kabir almost being an old guy." Dev yells before downing the shot and screaming loudly, causing Zoya to shake her head at him.

We all laugh at his behaviour and he takes Zoya to the dance floor. Kabir, Isha, Aarav and Sara all head to the dance floor as well while Tara and I stay behind at the bar.

"What drink would you like?"

"I'll just have a beer." She says, rummaging around in her bag for something.

I order two beers for us as she continues to look into her bag.

"Shoot! I think I left my makeup bag in the bathroom." She smacks her forehead and shakes her head. "I'll be back in two seconds."

I nod at her to go find her bag and she gives me a quick smile before dashing away. I drink some of my beer as I scan around the club. It's a nice atmosphere and not that crowded which is a good thing.

One thing I have realised about Tara is that she can be so bubbly one time and then can become so sad another time. It shows how much things impact her even if it's small to another person.