~Chapter Twenty~

Tara's POV

I never thought in a million years that I would be in Veer's girlfriend's house. I'm currently squished in between Dev and Isha. It's not really a nice feeling.

Aarav is sitting next to Isha while Kabir, Zoya and Sara are sitting on the floor. Veer and Myra are sitting opposite us on another couch.

Myra has her hands clasped around Veer's neck while Veer looks like he wants to run for the hills.

We were all currently playing some truth and truth game. It was Myra's idea, can you tell? She's so perky for no reason as the rest of us just want to leave.

Myra shifts her eyes over to my frozen state, smirking as she looks back at Veer.

"Tara!" She says cheerfully, making me stay still.

I keep my eyes glued to the coffee table as I try to drown out whatever she's planning on asking me.

"Out of one of the guys in your group. Who would you date and why?" She questions me and I already know that there's a smirk on her face.

"That's so stupid." Dev scoffs, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Well, all the boys are dating someone." I try to explain to her. "Apart from Kabir."

"So what?" She asks, making me feel sick to my stomach. "You can still pick someone, can't you? It's not like it's going to mean anything."

My gaze averts over to Veer, who is giving me an apologetic look before looking away. "Well, I'd say Veer."

Isha almost chokes on her water while everyone else is smirking apart from Myra and Veer. Myra looks like her head is about to blow up like a volcano as Veer is just staring dead at me with no emotion whatsoever.

I take a shaky breath in before closing my eyes briefly and then opening them again, fidgeting with my fingers to distract myself from the awkward silence that I've created.

"I gave my answer." I say, "Now move on to the next person."

Myra glares at me before speaking. "You have to say why."

"I don't have to say why." I try to defend myself but she interrupts.

"I said who and why." She folds her arms. "You told us who now, you have to say why."

"I chose Veer because he was there for me when I needed to rant about what happened between Shaan and I. He's just been there for me and I've been there for him whenever he's had any problems or when he needed someone to listen to him."

"Well, I hope those problems aren't connected to me in any sort of way." She mumbles, flicking her hair away in an obnoxious way.

This time I smirk to myself before speaking. "You were just like ninety nine percent of those problems. Next person."

She mumbles a whatever under her breath before asking Veer the exact same question. I shake my head in disgust at her as I glance at Dev.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me into him. I rest my head on his shoulder as Isha rests her head on my hip.

"And you have to say why." Myra tells Veer in her usual snobbish voice.

"If you want, I can drop you back to your house. You don't have to stay here if you don't want to." Dev says from beside me, giving me a small smile.

I nod my head at him and I slowly get up, trying not to make a huge deal out of this.

Sara gives me a concerned look. "Where are you going?"