~Chapter Twenty Eight~

~Bonus Chapter 1~

Tara's POV

A year later...

"How is the little one doing?"

Sara sighs in content on the other side. "He's been kicking like crazy and I just want him out already so I can hold his fragile self in my hands."

I smile softly to myself as I reply whatever she said again in my head. "Awesome aunty gets to hold him as well."

"Well, you only can when he's out of me."

I laugh lightly before asking. "How's Aarav doing as well?"

"Aarav has been an absolute sweetheart with everything and making sure that I'm well and comfortable."

"Aw, that's so sweet. I can't believe fatherhood is  changing him that quickly."

"I don't think he can either." She giggles at her own words. "How's Veer and his new job as the big boss?"

"He's been loving it." I smile proudly, remembering when he first found out about having his own company offered to him by his previous boss.

Veer's boss saw the potential and passion that Veer had for the company so his boss offered him the company that was originally supposed to be for his son but his son went into the medical field.

"Being a visual effects designer has been his dream since he was a kid and now he has got his own company which is mind blowing to all of us."

"Congratulations to him again." She says to me and I smile again to myself.

"Well, I'll let you go, big sister." I tell her as I get up from the sofa. "Call me if anything pops up."

"Will do." She assures me. "Take care of yourself and Veer."

"I will." I assure her as well. "Love you loads."

"Love you too." She says before yawning loudly in my ear. "Bye."

I hang up the call, turning off the lights in the living room before strolling over to my shared room with Veer. I slowly open the door, trying my best to not make a sound as I know that Veer is sleeping.

Taking off my robe, I place it on my desk chair and make my way to the bed. I lift the covers slowly so I don't wake him up. I get in successfully, lying down on my back and facing the ceiling as I sigh quietly to myself.

I still can't believe that Sara and Aarav have created this small bundle of joy which is actually gone be a baby boy that everyone is impatiently waiting for, especially me.

I still remember when Sara thought that Aarav was cheating and how I had to force him to propose to her quickly.

That was just over a year ago and a lot has changed since then. Dev and Zoya are engaged now and their wedding is next year in March. Kabir and Isha had finally made it official maybe a week after Sara and Aarav got engaged.

And that just leaves Veer and I. Veer had decided that we should move in together Sara and Aarav were going to be getting their own place and Isha would be moving in with Kabir.

I was scared at first but Veer being Veer calmed me down and told me that there's nothing to worry about and he's been right so far.

Sara and Aarav's wedding was literally everything, to be honest. It was the most perfect wedding ever and I'm still very grateful that I was able to help about a lot.

There was a lot of dancing, laughing, crying, eating and meeting a whole load of family that I didn't even know I was related to but that's the thing about Indian weddings and I wouldn't change it for anything else.

I enjoyed every bit of it, especially when I got all the gifts off of Kabir and Dev since Aarav doesn't have any brothers and that he's never close with his cousins. Kabir and Dev were his only brothers in this scenario but I obviously didn't mind.

One thing that has been in my mind a lot lately is about Veer proposing to me. I know him and I have only dated for over a year but I'm ready to spend my whole life with him and I do not care how cheesy that sounds.

I don't wanna force him into marriage because that's what his ex's family literally did but I just want to know if it is a thought in his mind but I'm not going to bring it up now.

I shake my head slightly, turning to my left side only to be greeted by a grin. I smile to myself as I scoot a bit more closer to Veer.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks me as he plays with my hair in a soothing manner.

"The past year and how everything has changed." I answer quietly, making him

"Anything bad?"

"Nope."

He lies on his back this time and I rest my head on his chest, letting his slow heart beat sync with mine and soothe me from the hectic day.

"I've also been thinking about last year as well. It went by so fast and now, we're becoming aunts and uncles." He whispers under his breath as the moonlight peaks through the curtains, lighting the room up nicely.

"Which is really crazy to think about." I tell him honestly as I prop myself up on my forearms to face him.

"It really has." He agrees with me as he places a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"How do you feel about everything?"

"That's been going on?" I ask him and he nods his head.

"I feel like everything is going perfectly and I don't want anything to change."

"It won't change." He tells me, "It's been perfect so far and it'll remain like that."

And I'm sure it will be.

.•.•.•.•.

Yay, I actually updated on the right day again. I feel like you guys should be proud of me. Anyway, only two chapters left of this story and I'm now gonna go cry in a corner :(

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE

💫✨🌙✨💫