~Chapter Twenty One~

Tara's POV

I quietly sip my tea as Sara, Zoya, Dev and Aarav are chatting away amongst themselves in Kabir's kitchen. I take my last sip of the tea and I put my mug away in the sink.

Aarav squints his eyes at me slightly, making me look at him weirdly before he says. "So last night was something."

"Yeah, it really was." Dev answers, looking at me while saying it.

Zoya tell him to stop before asking me. "Have you spoken to Veer at all?"

"I've been avoiding his calls ever since I got home yesterday." I say honestly, looking down at my hands.

"You can't ignore him forever. You eventually gotta talk to him." Sara tells me this time.

"I know I do but what if Myra like sends a hitman out for me."

"Are you crazy?" Aarav asks me, rolling his eyes at the same time. "Why would she do that?"

"She planned a wedding behind Veer's back and actually brought him there." I tell them so they can vision it.  "What can't she do?"

Sara puts her hand over mines. "Tara, you're just getting paranoid now."

"I can't help but feel scared." I say under my breath.

Dev clears his throat before speaking. "Are you having second thoughts about your feelings towards Veer?"

"No, I'm not but what if he is?" I ask them all.

"He is what?" A voice from behind says.

I turn around and see Kabir entering the kitchen.

"She's scared if Veer is having second thoughts about Tara." Sara explains to him before looking back at me. "Which he isn't."

Kabir sits next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. "Tara, don't worry. He's not having second thoughts."

"How do you know?" I ask him.

"After we came home yesterday, he immediately got drunk."

Zoya gives a weird looks before asking. "Why?"

Kabir chuckles at her question as he turns to look at me. I give him a questioning look as he's started to freak me out before he finally answers.

"Because someone said to him that people always tell the truth while they're drunk."

"What did he say?" Dev asks him.

"Before he started drinking, he told me to film him the second I thought he was drunk."

"Did you?" Aarav asks and Kabir shakes his head no.

"No, but I do very well remember what he said."

"What did he say?" Zoya questions, resting her head on Dev's shoulder.

"He mostly kept saying that he was happy to finally get rid of Myra. He also kept on saying that he felt successful."

"Why?" I finally speak up after staying quiet for a bit.

"Because he finally has you all to himself." I cough uncontrollably as Kabir smirks to himself.

Sara quickly gets you and passes me a water bitter as she pats my back to stop my coughing fit.

After I stop, I ask. "Is that what he said?"

He pinches his neck and say. "I swear to God."

Dev's phone goes off, signalling that he's got a message. He gets up from the island and steps away. We all look at him briefly before we all go back to our conversation.