~Chapter Six~

Tara's POV

Us girls were sitting at my kitchen island, waiting for the boys to explain themselves about going to Dubai without us.

Kabir decided to speak first. "You four literally said to us that you didn't want to go. We asked Veer if he wanted to join and if you four came then you guys would've met him."

"I have a job which you guys know I can't get a day off from without a valid reason." Sara tells them, folding her arms in a way to tell the boys to think of another excuse.

"I don't think my parents would've liked it if I didn't show up to university for like a week." Zoya mentions, drinking more of her green tea as Dev moves to sit next to her.

"My aunt and uncle were both on vacation and I had to take care of my little cousins." Isha says, glaring at the boys but mostly at Kabir as he gulps nervously.

The boys all turned their head to look at me, waiting for my excuse. I was too busy eating the cookies I picked up that I didn't even notice that everyone was looking at me now.

"I had food in my house and I was not going to let it go to waste nor was I gonna let my family eat it." I say with my mouth stuffed with cookies, keeping my eyes fixed on the tub of cookies.

Everyone rolls their eyes at me and I just hit them back with my daggers.

Sara gets up from her seat to stand next to Aarav. He tries to wrap his arm around her waist but she smacks his hand away. "You guys owe us big time."

"Uh, do I owe you guys anything?" Veer chimes in, speaking for the first time throughout this whole debacle.

"Yes, you do." Zoya tells him, resting her head on Dev as he sighs a breath of relief.

"Huh? Why?" Veer asks, trying to defend himself.

Zoya rolls her eyes before replying. "Because you were also apart of it."

"I didn't know you girls then well apart from Isha but that's it."

"Wait, you knew Isha and you didn't tell her?" Sara asks, putting her hands on her hips.

He silently looks at the boys briefly, pleading for some help.

"Hold up." I say, causing everyone to look at my chocolatey mouth. "When did you meet Isha?"

"Oh my God. One question at a time." Veer stresses, placing his hand on his forehead.

"Kabir took me out and I met Veer there because Veer was working as a bartender there." Isha explains, trying to save both Veer, Kabir and herself.

"Hold up." I say again, making myself and Sara laugh. "Kabir took you out?"

Sara and Zoya both smirk at Isha and Kabir as the boys laugh loudly at the hole that Kabir and Isha dug for themselves.

"Don't you act so innocent, Tara." Kabir says loudly, making me turn my head to look at him.

"Excuse me but, what did I do?" I furrow my brows in confusion.

"You and Veer went out for lunch the other day, didn't you?" Isha asks me, trying to get a reaction out of me.

I roll my eyes at her accusation. "Yes, we did. But like you just said, it was lunch."

"It wasn't a date." Veer tells her but also to everyone else.

"Are you guys dating or something?" Dev asks Kabir and Isha, putting Zoya's mug in the sink before looking back at them two.