~Chapter Nine~

Tara's POV

Zoya and I were sitting at the kitchen island in Kabir's apartment, eating some oatmeal and chatting about anything and everything on our minds.

Aarav walks into the kitchen, screaming the lyrics to 'I Whip My Hair' while doing the dance moves, making Zoya and I laugh our heads off.

He abruptly stops singing when we started laughing and he just rolls his eyes at us.

"You guys are just jealous of my unique talent." Aarav boasts, grabbing a water bottle and a few grapes from the fridge

"Totes jealous." Zoya says sarcastically, making Aarav roll his eyes again and walk out of the kitchen.

"So, what happened last night?" She speaks up after a few moments.

"What happened last night?" I ask her in confusion, looking at her while eating more of my oatmeal.

"You're not being serious, are you?" She asks while chuckling a bit but I continue to give her a lost look.

"Oh, you are being serious." She catches on to my confusion. "Sara told us that Veer went to yours last night."

"And?" I ask her, trying to find out why she's randomly asking me this.

"You seem off." She starts. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know how to say it." I sigh slightly. "Last night was so different between him and I."

"Did you guys?" She trails off, making my eyes almost pop out of my sockets.

"What?" I yell. "Of course not!"

"Then what happened?" She gives me a concerned look.

I let out a huge breath. "He told me all about his ex, about her intentions with him and then he just started crying."

"Oh no." She covers her mouth. "What did you do?"

"I hugged him."

"Did that make him feel any better?"

"I don't know how that made him feel but I know how it made me feel." I say honestly, spooning some more oatmeal onto my spoon.

"What do you mean?"

I looked behind me to make sure no one was in the kitchen before turning back to Zoya. "When I was holding him in my arms, I saw him."

"Who?"

"Shaan." I shudder slightly at the mere mention of his name.

Her eyes go wide for a second. "He was inside of  your house?!"

"No, that's not what I meant." I say, causing me to slap my forehead with the palm of my hand. "It reminded me of him."

"How?"

"The way Veer was crying in my arms and how I was soothing him. It was like the day when Shaan asked me to give him a second chance."

I could tell that she was slowly understanding.

"Did you tell Veer about what Shaan did to you?"

I shake my head no and turn myself to face my oatmeal again, stirring it slightly.

"Would you ever give Shaan another chance?"

I looked at her like she has two heads. "After what he did to me, I don't think the devil would accept him in any way."

"Would you tell Veer?" She asks, finishing her oatmeal.

"I mean, if the moment is right and all."