~Chapter Nineteen~

Veer's POV

"Veer, does this scarf look nice on me?"

I look at Myra briefly before nodding my head at her question. "Looks great."

She smiles at me and puts the scarf into her second basket and picks up something else.

"And how about these sunglasses?" She asks me and turns toward me.

"They also look great." I say again, putting her first basket onto the ground.

She takes them off and glares at me. I give her a confused look and she just huffs at me.

She throws the sunglasses at the worker before saying. "You're lying to me now."

I exhale deeply before saying. "Then don't ask me how they look if you think I'm lying."

"Alright, Mr sour face." She mumbles.

"I'll be outside if you need me." I tell Myra, walking out of the store and I see a book shop just across the road.

I turn to see if Myra was almost done but she was too busy annoying a worker that I just entered the book shop without letting her know.

I immediately feel like I'm at my parents house. They have a library and it was where I used to spend all of my time when I was a kid.

"Are you looking for a specific book?" Someone asks from behind me and I turn around, spotting a worker.

I shake my head no at her. "No, I'm just looking around for now. Thank you."

"Let me know if you need any help." I smile at her before going deeper into the shop.

I see a group of kids laughing their heads off at the guy pretending to be a monster. I squint my eyes a bit and see that's it Dev dresses up as a dragon and pretending to scare the kids.

I was about to walk forward to say hi but then more kids come running out and they were dressed up as knights. I stay put until the kids stop screaming.

Some of workers stood behind me and watched what was happening as well. They were all laughing at Dev scaring kids before the kids started to hit Dev with the foam swords.

A loud gasp could be heard but I couldn't see anything. Some of kids run over to whoever was gasping.

"And who dares to scare the princes and princesses of this kingdom?" A familiar voice asks before walking out.

It was Tara, dressed up as a fairy. She kneeled in front of the kids and a little girl put a tiara on top of her head. She smiled brightly before thanking the little girl.

"Oh my. Well, this is embarrassing." Tara says to me as she takes the tiara off and puts it on Dev.

Dev makes the tiara lopsided on him before asking me. "When did you get here?"

"A few minutes ago." I answer, "What are you guys doing?"

"We sometimes volunteer to read to the kids who have to stay here while their parents are at work." Tara replies, looking behind her at the kids and smiling as they're all laughing.

"That'a nice of you guys." I tell them honestly, smiling widely as well.

Dev pretends to wipe dirt off his shoulder. "I know, we're pretty amazing."

Dev excuses himself for a quick second and that just leaves Tara and I alone.

"How's your hangover?" She asks me, catching me off guard.