Chapter Twenty Four

Luke

I made plans for exactly what I was going to say when the time came. I had to shock him, a lot. For him, being shocked would be healthy, right?

I put the diary away and took out his old phone. I wanted to give it to him as soon as possible, but according to ghost Michael, I gave it to him on his 18th birthday, so I guessed I would have to wait until then.

"Jamie," I called, "invite Michael over. I'm gonna go get a movie from Redbox."

"I'm not your servant!"

"Please invite Michael over."

"Sure."

I went to the closest grocery store to pick up the movie and went for the scariest movie Jamie's mom would let us watch. Basically, it had to be PG13. (A/N: idk if people in other countries have different ratings, but it means parents strongly cautioned, or that it's best for kids over 13. the next one up is R, which you can't watch in a movie theater unless you're over 17 or have an adult with you) Still, there are some sort of scary movies that are PG13. Okay, not really, but there are some that can raise a heart beat.

You see, I know that Michael could die at any time if we didn't keep trying. The diary entry isn't a sure thing. I know this because the entire book keeps on changing. Obviously, it's going to be rewritten every time there's a major change to Michael's future, for example, if he died. That last entry is just what he's going to write in there if he's still alive.

"Honeys, I'm home!" I laughed when I walked in the door. Jamie shook her head in shame of knowing me.

"He's on the couch." She pointed to the living room and started walking away.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. I was sort of afraid to face Michael alone.

"I'm making popcorn, you can deal without me." She continued walking away and muttered, "Pûssy," under her breath.

"I heard that!"

I walked into the living room to see Michael cuddled up on the couch, looking so cute I just wanted to hold him. "Hi, Luke," he whispered, raising his head.

Now that I couldn't tell him, I suddenly really wanted to shout it out to the world and make out with him for the next two hours while we let Jamie watch the movie alone in her bedroom. Damn it.

"Hi, Michael."

He smiled at me. "Notice any changes?"

"I can't really see, it's dark in here."

He pointed to his head. "It's green."

"Are you sick or something?"

He chuckled. "No, my hair. It's green. Don't tell my mom, I wore a hat here."

"I think she'll probably notice eventually."

"Shít."

"But hey, at least I won't tell her."

He laughed again and moved a little to make room for me on the couch. "Jamie called the comfy chair."

"Damn it, Jamie." Thank you, Jamie. I knew she didn't choose that seat because it was comfy. She chose it so the two of us would have the couch. See, she's just like that. She ships us so hard I'm concerned, but I'm still grateful, because she's the one who's kept us together all this time.

Seeing that Michael looked a little offended, I added, "I really like that chair." I then sat down next to him, and he put his legs up on my lap. I pushed them closer to my knees, just in case. I had to keep the fact that I wasn't exactly straight a secret until it was time.