Chapter 27: Like a fool.

As Mina and Sana left the place with such hurry, they didn't notice that a certain person was following their tracks. Its small steps was trying to catch up on the two who wasn't both aware of her presence. Seeing that her 'stealthy moves' were working, she continues sneaking behind them as she maintains her 'civil' stance to avoid getting people's questioning looks.

I mean, who would be tailing Mina and Sana in stealth mode (just like in the penguin's games) while wearing her school uniform?

That's right, only Chaeyoung.

Walking straight, taking sharp turns, finding an escape from people's sight, the three found themselves outside the mall where the parking lot was located. Chaeyoung senses that she would be left out if she won't take an action, and so, she finally decided to tap the person's back that held Sana's hand.

Her inner cub was about to confront the person for pulling her Sana unnie all the way outside. But she knew that her height won't match the person who seemed familiar as the distance between them lessens. She just couldn't afford to act intimidating since her height never gave her justice to do so, you know?

Tapping the girl's shoulder for attention, she frowns at her before huffing like a mad kid.

"Hey, hey, hey! Sana unnie! Minari!" Her eyes stares at the two angrily. It was too late for her to take back what she had said as her mind quickly stops from functioning properly. "M-Minari? What are you—?"

"Chaengie, I'll explain later. But now's not the time." Mina calmly speaks, unsurprised. She already knew that someone was following them the moment they left Tzuyu and Nayeon in front of the store. All thanks to Chaeyoung's stomps that were loud enough to let the whole world that she's upset. "Where's Dahyun? And her parents?"

"She's..." Chaeyoung notices how Sana was behind Mina's back, deeply breathing as she fumes in anger. Their hands were both connected but not in a romantic way. It was more of comfort for the elder since Mina's thumb was slowly moving up and down on the back of her hand.

The view quickly gave her an idea of what just happened earlier. Added to the fact that Mina's message was much of a giveaway than a cryptic one, she knew that Tzuyu plays a big role in Sana's source of anger.

"She's still with them, acting as Tzuyu's substitute." She snaps herself back to reality. "H-how about you? Why didn't you tell me that you're here? I should've fetched you, you know? It's my duty, Minari." Her frown lessens.

Turning to Sana, her eyes flashes a hint of worry as she stares at the latter's profile. "Sana unnie, are you—" she halts. Of course she's not okay. It's obvious from her actions. "—do you need a hug?" She corrects herself before stretching her arms wide. "I-It's free!"

Sana looks up, unable to resist Chaeyoung's expectant face partnered with her dimpled smile. She lets go of Mina's hand before crashing herself onto the cub's small frame.

"Hey, it's okay to cry. Just let it all out on me."

Hearing the words come out, Sana's tears automatically falls down, little by little until she was already sobbing uncontrollably. Chaeyoung rubs her back for comfort as she spoke more reassuring words than she did in her whole life. Tightening the hug, she finally looks at Mina who was guiltily staring back at her, lips mouthing the words "my fault" and "I'm sorry."

"I might be clueless about the whole thing that happened earlier, but I know this has something to do with Tzuyu." Chaeyoung makes sure that it wouldn't come out offensive. "Can you... can you tell me what just happened? I'm pretty sure it was never her intention to make you cry, Sana unnie, you know that. You know it more than us."