Chapter 7

"leave me alone." I say unable to bear the misery anymore. "No Hun it doesn't work that way. you have to give me my doll first."

"What doll are you talking about grandma." 

"The one I gave you." She says laughing in a terrifying way. "You aren't grandma. grandma is dead." I said shouting. "ha ha ha....... do you actually think I was her? I expected you to be smarter" 

"Then what are you."  I spat

"I'm Annabelle." She says and I start screaming 'help'.

"Winter, Winter." I hear Josh's voice as my eyes fly open. "Winter calm down. I'm here okay." He said giving me his hand to squeeze. It was just a dream. A very horrible one.  I knew watching Annabelle was a very terrible idea. 

"Did you have a night mare?" Josh asked as I nodded in reply. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." I replied. "You can come sleep in my room if you're still scared." 

"What time is it?" I ask as Josh checks his watch for the time. "3:30 am."

"Shit it's still late." 

There are some times I just feel like it should just get bright very fast. Especially in times like this. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Josh stands up to go back to his room. "Are you coming?" Josh asked pausing as he holds the hand of the door.

I don't even know whether to come or not. I know I'm still scared as crap but going to stay with him in his room? Maybe I'm just thinking too much. Not like anything is going to happen. At least it's better than having the same night mare again all alone in this dark room. Putting on the light wouldn't even do anything. 

"sure." I said following him to his room. 

My eyes trailed around his whole room. Looks like he loves painting. There's no space left on the wall that is isn't covered with paint. 

Josh hopped on the bed putting off the light. "Where am I sleeping?" I asked blankly. "On the bed or would you rather sleep on the couch than the bed?" He asked as I starred thinking of a more preferable answer. I don't want to take the couch cause it's not comfortable at all but on the other hand sleeping on the same bed with him? 

Actually there's nothing bad with sleeping on the with him so far he takes his side and I take mine. 

After much thinking, I finally decided to sleep as far as possible away from him on the bed. 

***

I wake up to meet a pair of green eyes staring at me. "Josh?" I call out not even knowing when it came out. I looked around the room then I remembered what happened last night. Wow, his room is more beautiful during the day. 

"Up so early?" 

"Yeah, but what's the time?" I said putting my hand on my head. "It's 8:36 am." 

"I woke up so late and I'm having some side headaches." I said getting up from the bed. "There's no problem waking up after eight. Not like you're going anywhere or are you?"

"No." I said clueless. I really have to tell him about college and getting a new job especially now that his parents are coming.  

"Great so get ready soon, my parents would be here by 12:00 pm. I'll tell Natalia to bring some pain killers to you room." He said as I gave him a puzzled look. 

I walk to my room to get prepared for his parents arrival. I just hope everything would go out well. 

What I can't process is the sudden change that happened to Josh. He's been acting so nice since yesterday. I never thought someone like him would be ever close to nice. Pretty weird right?

I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. When I come out, I hear a knock on the door. "Who's that?" 

"It's Natalia. The pain killers you ordered for." 

"Come in." I said directing her to keep the pain killers on the table. " Breakfast's ready." She said as her eyes trailed around my room in a disgusting way. I know my room is kinda scattered but It's not my fault, I haven't had enough time to arrange it. "Aren't you done with why you came here?" I asked in a rude way as she walked out of the door without saying a word. Come on, she's been at home all day. I hate it when people do that. It reminds me of Aunt Amber.

I put on a short white flay gown and sneakers from the things we shopped for yesterday. I like the outfit but I'm not that cool with short gowns. Well, it's not that bad. I put on some mascara and a lip gloss before packing my hair into a pony tail. Then I walk down to the dining room to find Josh already eating.

 He looked at me from up to down as a small smile found its place to his face. "You look good." he said which made me blush. "Thanks." 

I smile as I see the food. Pancakes and maple syrup, my best. I take a bite and Oh my God, "this tastes very nice." I say out unable to keep it to myself. "I'm glad you like it. I specially made it myself." He said smiling. "I never knew you could cook. I have to admit, It's like the best I've ever tasted." 

"Yeah, I used to be with my mom in the kitchen when I was little so she taught most of her best recipes."

"Wow, your mom is a really good cook then. Thank God she's coming. She'll teach me amazing dishes like this one."

"I'm sure my mom would be glad to do that. She spends most of her time in the kitchen." He said as I smiled in reply. "I have told Natalia to give you the list of rules I've been spending my time making." Josh said with a smirk. "You've gotta be kidding me." And just when I thought he was being nice. 

"I have no choice. My parents have been away for five years now and they are coming here. I don't think I would want any thing to ruin that." He said giving me a concerned look. Maybe he was kinda right. I could imagine if it were me. I would do everything possible to impress them. "You must have really missed them."

"Of course Winter. It's been five years since I saw them."

"Don't you feel lonely living alone in this big mansion." I asked starring at him. "Yes, sometimes but Edna comes around once every week."

"Why did they live you guys alone for five years."

"Cause they run our family company in London." He said taking one more bite as we heard the door bell sound. "Who's that?"