Chapter 24

"Is your mom around?" 

"Nope, she went on a business trip. Do you know how lonely I felt? Thank God you're here now Winter, you can tell me everything."

I slide into the couch and let out a huge sigh "You won't get me started Ash."

"Can you believe their actually serious about this college thing and his mother doesn't mind bringing the marriage talk anytime."

"Winter I've told you this before, if you don't feel good about this college thing, tell them you don't want it."

"I know but how do you expect me to look at his mom's face and say no."

"Or what if I ditch him in college, avoid him at all cost or....", I pause completely out words. "Or make him fall in love with someone else. Oh my God I'm such a genius", Ash says praising herself. 

She always does that and honestly, I wish I had that spirit. 

"Don't you get it Win, once he falls in love with someone else he's definitely gonna add pressure on his parents to stop this insane tradition thing. That reminds me, have you even tried asking how that stuff came up?"

"Honestly, no."

"What is wrong with you? you are submitting to it and you don't even know it came up? Ask Kate when you get home."

I can't believe I was so focused on all of this that I didn't get the chance to ask them how this stupid tradition came up. Like they would listen. The best person to actually ask is Kate. I hope she has a clue about it.

"So what do you think about the falling in love idea?"

"Like Josh knows what love is. I doubt if that boy has actually fallen in love before."

"Like you have Winter."

"Fine, I know I haven't but come on, I'm not as hard heartened as him."

"I can't believe he actually gave you rules."

"Frankly, it still surprises me how weird he is. The rules now turned out to be just two, what a creep."

"What of his mom?"

"She's a complete sweetheart, even his sister is so nice."

"How old is he?"

"That reminds me, that asshole hasn't still told me his age yet. I don't know why he gives so much importance to it."

"What kinda boy is that. I wanna meet him one day."

"Actually, if you're free tomorrow, you can come so we'll hang out", I say to see how Ash's eye lights up in joy. "Are you sure about it?"

"Yeah, Josh never gave any rules about my friends coming over to visit and his mom would definitely not have any problem with it."

"Do you know how happy this makes me feel? I can't believe all this while you have been thinking he said something he did not."

"I can't believe I myself even let me suffer so much of loneliness. But either ways, his mom made sure I wasn't lonely."

"Okay, Enough about me now what of you? have you applied to any college yet?"

"Yes, I applied to palm beach state college. I started working in a near-by pastry shop to save up for college."

"Omg, I'm so happy for you. So does it earn more than where we worked before?"

"Hell yeah."

"I'm so proud of you my baby. I know you'll get in for sure."

"Of course I will. I know I will."