Chapter 9

It got to a point Andrew stopped taking me with him to his many occasions we usually go together he told me to not bother about his work as I have already played my part as the pillar and right now I should rest and enjoy the fruits of my labour and focus more on my cartering business.

Davis has gone off to college so I have more time to my self and my business.
It was a beautiful Monday morning Mrs Williams one of my customers and a good friend of Andrew as her husband was into import and export of cars and as u know Andrew is into cars.

she came to my bakery acting all sympathetic towards me out of curiosity I asked why she was asking so soft as if I was going to break any minute jokingly and this woman went ranting about how my husband told them for over month now that I was sick and was in the hospital Andrew has been gallivanting with one of Mr Thompson girls and that's why the other women hasn't been coming to buy cakes and the other stuffs from me as they believe I needed rest which clearly my husband told them.

I quickly told her to tell the others that am back and that no sickness will pull me down so I need their patronage.
After she left I took my sales book and calculated my profit for the last months and saw that really I lost customers just because of my husband's lie.

I was so angry but I decided to stay calm and wait for the next business ball before I make my grand entrance like a drama queen which clearly I am, cause clearly you can't step on a lions tail and still take food from his mouth so the beast was woken up and forcefully at that.