Tubbo & Tommy

forest wandering.

ah, yes, a great thing to do with your friend. escaping from the world with someone you consider family.

as the pair walked along the forest floor, only a bit in, they were talking about whatever had been troubling them about school, or just things in their life.

the two had been talking about the time Tommy burnt Freddie's glasses on stream. "and so when he went home that night he had to explain that I was the one who completely ruined his glasses without making me seem like an ass," Tommy explained to the other.

"and so he called me that night and he was screaming about how-" he was stopped in his sentence when Tubbo was grabbing his arm and pointing to a large maple tree. "look at that, Tommy. we should climb it."

and so he was basically dragging Tommy to the lowest branch. "let me on your shoulders, please." Tommy gave him a bit of an eyebrow raise "why can't I get on your shoulders?"

"because I'm 5 foot 4 and you're 6'2. you can climb on the branch and I cannot." Tommy scoffed a bit as he kneeled down for Tubbo to use as a god damn stepping stool "fair point. why do you wanna climb this tree so bad?"

"i dunno," Tubbo shrugged and hoisted himself up onto the branch. "why not?" he replied. "trees are interesting." standing up now, he latched onto the limb above him and pulled up onto that one aswell.

"okay, well, im right behind you," Tommy responded while climbing up after Tubbo.

the two continued to climb higher and higher and higher. minutes of them just climbing, calling up and down to each other whenever they wanted to speak.

Tubbo was the first to make it to where the branches were getting thinner, so he stopped climbing and stood on the one he had decided was high enough. "Tommy! we cant go much higher than- oh, there you are," he waved to Tommy who had just gotten to the same branch.

"careful, its a bit slippy," Tubbo warned him. hed been grabbing onto the branch directly above him to keep himself steady. "man. this is cool," he looked out past all the trees, just,, basking in its beauty.

he sat down on the branch, just to be extra safe. "its really cool." as Tommy went to sit down next to his friend, it seemed as the tree beneath him moved, because he was slipping and descending at a pace that only grew faster and faster.

he stared up at the sky with a blank look on his face- what else was he supposed to do except wait to hit the ground? the last thing he saw before blacking out was Tubbo's face getting smaller and smaller and then finally, everything went blank.

--

when Tommy reawakened he was sat in the passenger seat of his mothers car. Tubbo was driving. Tubbo was driving? he can't drive, right?

"Tubbo?" he heard the other release a loud sigh of relief. "Tommy, i thought- i thought you were dead! but then you were still breathing, so--" he shook his head, focusing back on the road so he didnt crash.

Tommy sat up further in the seat and tested his sore body. everything was fine until his left leg, which filled him with pain as soon as he attempted to move it at all. "shit, how far?"

"uhm, 5 minutes, about," he responded. "just try not to fall asleep, yeah?" Tubbo continued onward on the road, glancing to the drowsy Tommy beside him.

"uhhhg- alright, yeah, i can try." he spoke, "i think i broke my leg," he looked at Tubbo, who didnt even bat him an eye. he was too focused on not crashing. "im so glad you didnt die, Tommy."

Tommy just shrugged. man, he was lucky to have a friend like Tubbo. i mean, the man cant drive. he dragged someone almost a foot taller than him into a car that wasnt his, learned how to drive it, and drove on the road just to get him to the hospital.

wow. what a good friend.