Fundy

Nov. 22, 2020

-

Floris stepped quietly through the alleyway, scattered rain falling from the sky as drops occasionally hit him. he blinked away tears, threatening to fill his vision. school was so fucking stressful.

suddenly, he heard a quiet meow and stopped dead in his tracks to listen to where it was coming from. another soft mewl sounded, and he was able to locate the cat in a matter of seconds. 

Floris whined out a long "awwwww," at the pretty markings it had. the feline had green eyes and a dark brown back with lighter stripes, face nearly white with brown stripes.

she was beautiful.

"hey, buddy," he sat down next to the cat, his left hand immediately going to pet her. in a matter of seconds the cat was purring and rubbing against his hand.  

"I've gotta go home, now. my mom doesn't like cats, and I promised her I would visit every day after my college classes were done."

for the past few weeks after every day of classes, Floris saw the cat. he fed it things he'd brought to eat for college, got it water, and all the good stuff he needed to own an alleycat. he had even set up a small home that consisted of a bunch of large boxes taped together with a food and water bowl, blankets-- all that good stuff! Floris even named it; Boots.

he scraped up enough money to get her a collar and tag that had the felines name and his number on it. he loved that cat. it was all he had. he had nothing else he could trust as much as Boots. he would sometimes note down important information about Boots.

'boots responds to her name now'

'i made a big ass palace for boots.'

'the palace is just made of boxes. It's okay though.'

'boots likes to wait for me outside his boxes every day. this is my child now.'

'THIS FUCKING CAT MEOWS EVERY TIME I CALL HER NAME AND SMILES AT ME I MIGHT DIE.'

'she likes to lick me whenever I visit her'

Floris made his usual path down the alleyway, eyes scanning the area for Boots. she was nowhere to be found. the brunette called his pet's name a few times, only for no response. he finally reached the boxes Boots should be in.

"Boots?"

no response.

he peeked into one of the boxes and his heart dropped.

"Oh my god."

Floris reached in and pulled Boots into his lap. "Boots?" he whispered. Boots had large bite marks and blood on both sides of her. she'd clearly gotten attacked.

 the felines breath was slow, eyes weakly opening. her mouth was open slightly. "come on, stay with me." he pleaded quietly, eyes flooding with tears. "I can't do this without you," he told truthfully.

Boots' head tilted up at Floris, the brunette petting his head gently. Boots stretched up and licked Floris' hand, tears falling on his fur from the adult's eyes. "please." he beckoned. "please, please, please, please.." his head lowered above Boots, hands shaking.

after a few shaky moments, Floris lifted his head, only to realise that Boots had stopped breathing. "No," he whispered in disbelief. "No, no no no no no no no no no.." he begged, pulling Boots to his chest as his body began trembling. "Boots, please," he whispered, tears streaming down his face.

He lifted his head and let out a loud, pained wail. 

Floris began sobbing, putting down Boots into one of the boxes and covering her with the hoodie he had worn that day.

he decided to skip his usual trip to his mother's and go straight to his dorm.

 after what had just happened, he can't handle it.