Skeppy & Spifey

Oct. 29, 2020

This was a request. also, for clarification, you can put requests anywhere. ill see them. ive got a burst of writing so expect more updates :)

-

Zak glanced over to the notification on his desktop. "Oh! Thank you for the raid of 400! I'm not gonna say your name out loud, but thank you!" He internally cringed at the name. How did something that consisted of only slurs get the 'ay-okay' from twitch?

He continued going on with what had previously been going on during the stream. A few minutes later, he saw a donation pop up from the corner of his eye and saw it was from the same person who raided him. He skimmed over it and decided because it was such a rude donation he wasn't gonna acknowledge it.

Before he knew it the donations piled up. Some of them called him unfunny, some were calling him a horrible person for not reading out their donos, some just straight up slurs, and even ones telling him to harm himself.

The chat was going mad, spamming heartwarming things to Zak. Obviously they'd seen the donations and noticed that it wasn't okay. Not in the slightest. The mods monitoring the stream couldn't keep up with it all.

He had never gotten such nasty donations in one stream. These were so unusual that they started to get to him. Eventually he checked the duration of his stream. Only 40 minutes? One last donation was what pushed him to his limit.

"Okay! I think I am gonna end the stream early tonight, guys! I had a great time, thank you all for showing up, but i've got things to do.""

Zak turned off his streaming software and folded his arms over his desk, lowering his head down onto his arms and staring at his computer screen with a blank expression for what felt like forever.

Eventually he heard someone calling him from discord. He opened the tab that it sat on and saw it was Spifey. Why Spifey?

He picked up and the brit immediately started. "Hey, I was watching your stream and- well, those were some horrible donations," he stated.

"They were so mean.." he muttered back. How could someone stoop so low to send those things to him? Or anyone for that matter?

"Hey, listen. There's gonna be plenty of donations you'll get like that in the future and there's nothing you can do about it. But you've gotta look at it differently. Your whole chat was spamming nice things, Skeppy. They saw what was happening and instead of attacking them, they were trying to drown it out. You've gotta understand, Skeppy. It'll happen. But having your type of fanbase is the best thing you could have."

Zak took a moment to soak in his words. "Yknow, you're right. The people that don't like my content- screw them! They don't matter anyways!" He was grinning now, all because of one of his friends comforting him.

"See? You're in the right mindset already."