Tubbo & Tommy

Oct. 29, 2020

huge tw for self harm. please dont read if youre sensitive to that.

--

Toby picked at the skin around his nail, leant back away from his mic. He'd been speaking to his friend over discord, listening to him ramble about something random as always. This time it just so happened to be his latest among us video.

"And- and he was like-" he made his voice higher to interpret him being a different person instead of himself, " 'Oh! Oh! You're homophobic, Tommyinnit! You are so homophobic Tommyinnit! You killed me first round of among us'! And then I went, 'Okay. okay James Charles, I'm actually not homophobic,'," He burst out into laughter, leaning back away from his mic.

He heard faint laughter erupt from the other. But it wasn't genuine, no, not at all. It might've been because he couldn't be loud, seeing as it was one in the morning and Toby's parents have to work in the morning, but it still sounded too fake.

"Tubbo are you okay?" he asked

"Tommy have you ever thought about hurting yourself?"

What an out of the blue question. Off streams Toby had been slowly losing himself. Picking the back of his hands raw, chewing his fingernails down too far, holding his hands on extremely hot or cold surfaces like the stove or an ice cube, and doing other small self-inflicted painful activities. He wasn't sure why, in all reality. He had found himself losing focus so much easier than a week ago, aswell.

"What?" Tommy really hadn't expected to hear that from him. Obviously Tommy didn't know how to respond to that. What was he supposed to say in this situation? Yes? No? What kind of a question even was that? "Tubbo are you- are you alright man?"

"Yeah. Have you though?" he repeated. No, Toby had never hurt himself besides the instances the past few weeks. But it wasn't as bad as self harm. Would that be as bad as self harm? Would that count as self harm?

"Would what count as- self harm?" uh oh. Toby was talking to himself out loud. "Uhh, nothing, sorry i was just thinking out loud,"

He always wondered what fire felt like.

Toby put his headphones down on his desk, "I'll be right back, Tommy," he whispered, leaving his room and creeping downstairs in the darkness. His dad was kind of a tool man, so he had things lying around the house that definitely didn't belong there.

Screwdrivers by the stove, bolts in the bathroom, etc. He knew, however, he had a lighter left right by the door.

Toby stumbled his way through the darkness, hands moving along the wall to keep track of where he was. He finally felt his left hand bump the shoe rack, reaching around a bit until he felt the plastic, a contrast to the wood shelving.

He snatched it and rushed back to his room before he was caught or woke up his parents. Once he got in, he chucked himself onto his bed and sat up. Was he really about to burn himself?

He looked around his body for the best place to do it. Seeing as he was in west England, the temperature was dropping fairly quickly, so he could hide it with a hoodie. That meant he could do it somewhere on his arm.

Toby struck the lighter and stared at the flame, illuminating the dark room, mesmerized. He watched the flame dance above the metal bit of it, just studying how it acted for a few moments. Once he refocused himself, he lifted his left arm and moved the lighter slowly so as to not let the flame out.

His arm lowered and the flame danced around it. Eventually, his arm began to boil over the fire. He watched as the skin above the fire grew hotter, turning red in colour. He muttered a small, "woah," as pain engulfed his body. His thumb slipped off and the flame vanished.

As he struck it again, it burnt his thumb a bit. He took the hot metal to his advantage and pressed it against where the blaze had burnt him, agony scorching his arm. He held it there until the heat died down, and he shoved the lighter under his pillow and returned back to discord with Tommy.