Chapter 25

I am so sorry. I'm gonna post an actual authors note explaining my absence. Enjoy the chapter.

.......

"Virgil, honestly, they're not going to hate us if we're late." Virgil whirled around to face Logan, his eyes as large as saucers.

"It's not a matter of hate, Logan, it's the fact that Patton's already made the cookies, and if we don't get there fast enough, Ro's gonna eat them all." he huffed, yanking his bag strap over his shoulder. "Now hurry, the chocolate chip ones are only good if they're hot."

Logan sighed, doing up his own zipper and placing his bag on his back.

"Are you meaning to tell me that chewy cookies are better than crunchy ones?"
"Is that even a question? Of course they are." Virgil raised an eyebrow. "Are you meaning to tell me you disagree?"
"...Should I pick my next words carefully?"
"Oh you should."

"We're going to be late, hurry up."

Logan then proceeded to walk out the door at roughly ten kilometres per hour, his lanky legs leaving Virgil in the dust. The eyeshadow clad male scoffed before following him, pulling the door shut behind him in the process.

"You still haven't given me an answer yet, you know." he stated, squinting at Logan's back. The other boy turned around with a cynical expression.

"I merely don't understand why it's important."
"Why?! Logan, we are talking about cookies here. Of course it's important."
"Is it now."
"Yes! Cookie preference says a lot about somebody."
"Does it? Really?" Virgil groaned.

"You're lucky you're cute." he grumbled, striding forward to the elevator. A chill ran up his spine as he realised what he said, and he turned around to see a red-faced Logan watching him from in the middle of the hallway.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh-

"Ah, Virgil? Are you alright?" chuckled Logan with a slightly strained voice.

Oh my god his face is so red. His ears are glowing. What the fuck.

"Virgil!"

It has to be illegal to be this cute. He's breaking the law. Only explanation. Look at his sweater paws.

"Virge!"

"Mm?"

Virgil glanced back up at Logan's face, and was pleased to see that his face was even pinker if anything.

"What the hell are you doing?!"
"Admiring the view." he replied, grinning. Logan spluttered, then strode past him into the elevator.

"You," Logan pointed accusingly, although it was hard to be intimidated by his shaking finger. "Have been spending too much time around Roman."

"And you," he pointed back with a scrunched nose, "Are violating the law."Logan looked taken aback.
"...May I enquire as to how?"
"Too cute." he said matter of factly, humming as he pressed the button for the lobby.

"I don't know the exact way to employ this... but, ah.... Uno reverse card?"

Virgil definitely didn't let out a squeak at that, turning to glare at the other male once more. He caught his reflection in the elevator mirror, and groaned when he saw how pink his face was. He ducked further into the scarf around his neck, before mumbling a near intelligable 'fuck you'. Logan let out a quiet laugh that did nothing to get rid of Virgil's blush, and then the two of them fell into a comfortable silence.

By the time they reached the courtyard, Virgil had started to watch the near hypnotising sway of Logan's hands. It was calm and rythimic without feeling robotic, and despite the fact each swing seemed precise, they held a certain relaxed aura to them. Virgil shuddered. Aura. He was starting to sound like Mike.