Silver flask

Tom took a quick swig of Smirnoff from his flask, slowly closing it and setting it down on his nightstand before turning in his bed. He'd been restless, ever since.. Ever since-whatever had happened in the car.

The way Tord had been looking at him, it was different than before. He knew that look from somewhere-he just couldn't recall where. A lot of things had happened the day before-or rather, early in the morning. First he nearly kills Tord, then he saves him from falling-then he returns the favor, and then...then Tord almost kisses him. Twice. Once when he's asleep and drowsy-and once when he's fully awake. The second time had partially been his fault, obviously, but the norski had flat-out went for it. If he wouldn't have stopped, they would have.. Tom buried his face in his pillow, his stomach turning. He could never tell if Tord had actually been flirting with him, or if he was just joking, which confused him to no end. This feeling of uncertainty seems so familiar.. But when... Tom looked over at his flask, and that's when it hit him.

Holy lonely pony eating macaroni...

—————————-

{Past-time}

"So, what did you need to tell me?"

Tord seemed caught off-guard by the question, and he continued to run his fingers through his hair. "It can wait.." He said, his accent a bit thicker than usual. Tom slammed down his tray, his black eyes turning bloodshot like daggers. "IT CAN WAIT? YOU MADE ME COME OUT HERE AND SIT WITH YOU FOR 'IT CAN WAIT'? I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ACTUALLY TALK TO ME YOU KNOW!" The norwegian's expression softened, and he twirled a strand of hair around his finger.

Oh. Tom quickly sat back down when he realized how much attention he'd attracted. "I-I've been talking to you this entire time, Tom.. If that's the only reason you came to see me, I.." Tord's voice cracked, and Tom could tell he was hurt. Which deep down, made him feel guilty-Tord usually wasn't the type to show much emotion. The norski quickly plastered a smile on his face before Tom could bring himself to say something. "Anyway-do you still want that vodka? And deliverance from Sonya and your scary math test?" He chirped. Damn, he could recover from something so fast it seemed almost natural for him. Which-added a whole other level to edgy. "I mean, do you think I'd say no to Smirnoff?"  He grinned. Tord grabbed his arm before he could say anything else, pulling him away from the cafeteria and towards his car-which caught even more attention from the teens around them. "Could you at least try to hide the fact that we're skipping?"

Tom laid back against the passenger seat, joyfully sipping a can of vodka. "Fellow gentleman, aren't you tired of drinking out of a can? Wouldn't you like something portable to carry around that would be a lot nice-" "You sound like a commercial." Tom stated, cutting him off. "That was kind of the point, Tommy.." The brit winced at the childish nickname of his. "But this is what I was going on about, I thought I'd give this to you-since I have no use for it.." The norski held out his hand to him, revealing a silver flask. The boy nearly choked on his drink. "HOLY SHIT-AREN'T THOSE EXPENSIVE?" Tord giggled. "Hah, they're not that much..Are you going to take it?" Tom seemed to be processing everything happening for a moment, before quickly taking the flask from his hands and making sure it was real. "W-Wow uhm..Thank you..Tord.." He managed. A faint blush coated Tord's cheeks. He'd never called him by his actual name, he must be..really happy. Maybe this...was his chance. "-But how did you really get it?" Tom said, meeting his eyes. Tord tilted his head at him. "Eh?" Tom's eyes remained locked on his as he continued to toy with his flask. "I know you didn't just buy it, your not like everyone else." He mused. Tord leaned back, raising an eyebrow at him. "My parents-and not like you think, smartass. They're not exactly rich-in-love."  He sighed. "Red" Tom mumbled. Tord's stomach flipped. "H-Huh?" He breathed. How did he... "I've heard them call you that. I know more than you think, commie." The norwegian's head spun. That handsome bastard...You don't know everything, Thomas. Tord chuckled, still maintaining his gaze as if they were engaged in a staring contest. "Your right about one thing. But they didn't exactly give me the flask-I kinda may have uh, stole it." Tom looked down at his flask, pouring what was left of the canned vodka into it. "Called it. Why'd you steal from your parents though? Aren't they the leaders of that army or some shit?" The norwegian looked out of the window. "Heh, something tells me you know more than your letting on. Your lucky I don't actually like them, they want me to lead their fucking nazi parade-they call it the 'red army'. They haven't really..given me..an option.." He trailed off, his voice cracking again. He fucking hated it when his voice cracked. It was a sign of weakness-or at least-that's what he was told. Something warm and heavy fell on his right hand, and he looked over to see the brit's hand on his. He was somewhat surprised at this, not knowing how to react. His cheeks did though-considering the fact that they were burning. "What do you mean? What are they doing...to you?" Tom said, his voice deeper than usual.

"Who's being nosy now?" Tord mused, smiling at him-which made him pull his hand away. "Aww, why'd you do that? It was cute.." Tom felt himself blush. "S-Stop avoiding the question, red." Tord had an unreadable expression on his face after he finished that sentence. Breaking down his walls is going to be harder than I thought, maybe lunch wasn't a complete waste of my time- "Never..call..me..t-that.." the norski said, something dark hiding behind his eyes. "Tord, you can tell me.." He breathed. The norwegian shifted uncomfortably. "I..I have to runaway before school ends. That's how bad it is. That's..all I can say. If I say anything else, they'll know." He shivered. "What exactly do you mean by that?" The norski looked over at him, a storm brewing in his eyes.

"Ever heard of truth serum?"