CHAPTER 18

Clarice followed Jack and Will in her car as they were being followed by back up and ambulances. They arrived at the abandon warehouse, Clarice quickly unbuckling her seat belt and putting on her bullet proof vest. She got out of her car as she let the SWAT team go ahead of her, Jack running over to her.
      "We need to you to stay outside to make sure Catherine and Tommy don't escape." Jack began to load his gun. Clarice couldn't believe him.
     "Are you serious right now?" Clarice stared at him and laughed in disbelief.
   She knew he was sexiest, but after working with Will again, he got worse. It made her wonder where the hell Ardelia was.
"Yes, I'm serious."
   He gave Clarice a dirty look and went on his way.

      •        •       •       •       •       •       •       •       •      •

    Clarice was leaning against her car as she was cleaning her pistol when Jack and the rest of the men came out of the warehouse with Tommy and Catherine, Catherine staring at Clarice as she went inside the back of the cop car. She was smiling like a madman. Jack ran over to Clarice, shivers running down Clarice's spin when she saw how pale Jack was from fear. "You need to you come with me." Clarice quickly followed him inside, her heart pounding as she heard women screaming and crying. There had to be at least ten to fifteen women being held captive. Clarice had seen some disturbing things in her field, but this was next level. Clarice watched as some bug experts were carrying large suitcases that obviously had the cocoons and bugs in them. She had just became a special agent a month and only solved one case, this was too much for her. She moved out of the way with Jack as a bunch of EMTs went into the room Jack lead her to, Clarice in complete shock. She watched as babies, alive and dead, were being brought out of the room. "They've been selling the babies illegally, keeping some for themselves", Jack said softly. Clarice walked away and Jack began to follow her. "Clarice!" Jack began to jog a bit when she walked outside and started taking off her vest and head to her car.

"Where are you going", Jack asked softly. He put his hand on the frame of her car door preventing her from leaving so they could talk.
"Home", Clarice moved his arm and got inside her car, throwing her vest on the floor before turning her car on. Jack looked down and looked back at her as he fidgeted in his pocket.
"Give this back to him. I told him I wasn't able to do it cause I'm obviously busy... you on the other hand", Clarice wanted to slap him. "Invite him over for dinner or something", Jack handed her Chilton's badge.
"Ah, he dismisses me from a case with no valid explanation but wants a favor because I turn on every guy that has some encounter with me", she stared out her windshield and rolled her eyes as she grabbed the ID quickly in disgust, Jack smiling and tapping the hood of her car before walking away.

        Clarice wanted answers, and she wanted them now.