CHAPTER 25

Clarice stared at the ceiling in the dark room as Hannibal was snoring beside her. She couldn't sleep. She looked over at Hannibal, smiling as he rolled over, now facing her.
   "God, he's so beautiful," she thought to herself.
   Clarice rolled on her side and scooted closer to him, watching him sleep, admiring his beauty. She put her hand on his face, gently rubbing his cheek with her thumb.
       "Go to sleep," Hannibal whispered, he wrapped his arm around her, bringing her against his body.
       "I can't." Clarice kissed his noses gently as he had her tightly wrapped in his arms.
       "Why not?" he opened his eyes slowly. "You have work in five hours. Get some rest, love." He closed his eyes again as he rubbed her back gently.
       Clarice smiled and shut her eyes. She felt safe. She always felt safe around Hannibal, which made no sense to her. However, she also didn't view him as a monster like other people did. Their connection was different. She needed him as much as he needed her. She fell asleep shortly after, twitching in her sleep as she dreamt about her lamb.
       The next morning, Clarice got up earlier than normal and quietly got ready as Hannibal continued to sleep. She walked out the door and headed to work. All she could think about as she drove was Chilton's lung being eaten by her boss and cousin.
   She pulled into the parking lot and took a breather before walking into the academy. She walked straight to the elevator and to Jack's office. Her heart was beating and her throat and chest got a bit tight. She grabbed the handle, hesitant to open it, but did anyway.
   She gasped loudly when she saw Saylor in the room with Jack, sucking on his cock. Saylor let out a gasp and small scream as Jack began to cuss, pulling his pants up. Clarice closed the door quickly, running off, tears streaming down her face.
    "Clarice!"
    She could hear Jack calling her, but she ran faster, ignoring him. She stood by her car as Jack approached her.
   "Clarice, come on," Jack said as he stood behind her. Clarice spun around as tears streamed down her face.
     "You fucking lied to me, Jack!" she screamed at him, people watching as they walked by. Jack began to get embarrassed.
      "Clarice, please calm down," he said softly. "Come back inside and we'll talk about this." He held his hand out to her.
     "Jack, I fucking trusted you!" Clarice began to cry harder. "You knew this job was a dream of mine. You booted me from a fucking case just to get in my cousin's pants!" People began to stand around and watched the two argue.
          "Clarice! I didn't fucking—" he stopped when he saw Saylor and Will come out of the building. "I didn't mean to hurt you. This isn't what I wanted."
   Clarice looked at him, then at Saylor and Will and scoffed.
      "You don't have any remorse for what you did to me, do you?" Clarice stared at him as he was quiet. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on."
   Clarice got in her car and slammed the door, speeding off as she tossed her badge out the window.