CHAPTER 24

Clarice's arms were crossed against her body as she stood in the kitchen with Hannibal. She stared at the large cooler that was sitting on the floor, holding back the urge to vomit when Hannibal opened it, Chilton's organs perfectly packaged in butcher paper laying on some ice.
   She looked up at Hannibal as she wrapped her robe around her a bit tighter.
"You're crazy if you think I'm eating that with you." She gave him a look as he glared back at her. He tilted his head.
"You're being very rude tonight, and you know how I am with rude people, Clarice." He bent over and grabbed a package out. "And as disgusting as he was, I don't think I could eat him." He smirked devilishly as he took the meat over to the stove.
"Then what the hell are you doing right now?" Clarice walked over to him and watched out of curiosity.
"It's not what I'm doing, it what you're going to be doing." He turned around as he grabbed a spatula, kissing her forehead quickly. "Excuse me," he smiled and turned back around to the stove.
"And what exactly does that mean?" her accent was stronger than ever, Hannibal smiling as he seasoned a lung.
"You're going to pick up the phone and call Saylor over for dinner." Hannibal peeked over his shoulder as he smiled.
"H, are you serious right now?" she looked at him in disgust and disbelief.
"Clarice, do as I say or I'll put Chilton's head in her mailbox." Clarice knew he was serious.
        "It's almost eight." Clarice stared at him as she quietly stood there. He whipped his body around and glared at her.
        "Call. Her. Now." Hannibal's eyes were wide, fear taking over Clarice's body. She nodded and headed to the telephone.
     She held back tears as she picked up the phone and dialed Jack's number. She didn't have any idea what Saylor's number, but she assume it was the number she got from Jack's office earlier. However, she knew Jack was her only hope. She waited and no answer. She looked up at Hannibal.
   "If Jack isn't answering, then we're going for a little drive."
   Hannibal placed the lung on the pan, Clarice's stomach turning when she heard it sizzling.

      •        •       •       •       •       •       •       •       •      •

  Clarice sat outside of Jack's house as she held a large Tupperware bowl with the two lungs inside, a note she wrote on top of it. She looked over at Hannibal who was in the passengers seat wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. He gave her a nod as he looked out his window. Clarice swallowed hard as she unbuckled her seat belt and exited the car, making her way to Crawford's front door.
   She knocked once, no answer.
   She knocked again.
    Nothing.
   She placed the Tupperware on Jack's porch, heading back to the car. Hannibal watched as Clarice got back in the car, staring at her as she put the car in drive. He turned around and smiled as he watched Jack from a far distance open the door and pick up the large container.