1• Prologue

Marjorie Blossom POV

Seventeen years.

This is the moment of time that has passed since I last met my sister.

From what I hear my mother say, Cheryl is living in Berlin and made her fortune as owner of a real estate company.

I am not sure how she achieved such a feat, but her company was expanding and now a branch would come to Los Angeles.

How did you know? Just look at the amount of billboards and advertisements on television with her face printed.

We haven't gotten along very well in the last few years when we still lived under the same roof, but I confess I felt relief when I saw her go.

Cheryl caused me too much trouble and I hope I don't get past them again.

"Lost?",I turned my attention to the voice behind me and smiled at Tyler, my husband. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

"Again your sister's story?"

"You know how much the news of her possible return has taken me out of sleep in the last few weeks. If you were in my place, you would understand."

"Marjorie, please don't start freaking out about it, not before I get confirmation. Besides, there are other things for you to worry about."

"Like what?!"

"Your daughter, me and your new position as president of the bank?"

His life is too great to warm his head with so little.

I opened a half smile and caressed his face, which held my hand, giving him a kiss.

Tyler was right, I couldn't let the possible trip from Cheryl to Los Angeles get me off the track.

I let out a defeated sigh and sealed our lips.

"You're right, I'll just let it go. Are you going to pick up Melissa from school or am I going?"

"Let me go, I know that today you take over the presidency of the bank and you can't be late. See you at night?"

"Without a doubt."

"Great. I'll get Mel, I love you."

"I love you."

Tyler gave me another kiss and left the kitchen, leaving me lonely once again.

I looked at the coffee in the mug and shook my head in denial, snorting.

I looked like a desperate teenager and afraid of her twin sister.

Cheryl wouldn't be back, I counted on it.

"Los Angeles residents, for the first time in the city, Blossom Enterprise brings the best in the real estate market. Led by Cheryl Blossom, the guarantee of buying your dream home and selling your nightmare residence is proven. up, a new era is coming."

I turned off the radio and rested my forehead on the steering wheel.

She can't come back, it would be unfair to me.

I left my trance when I heard the horn of the other cars, indicating that the signal was open.

I accelerated with some violence and left everyone behind.

I needed to get to the bank right away and stuff myself into piles of account papers and bureaucratic processes.

It would be my distraction until this wave of advertisements about Cheryl passes.