Change of Plans 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everyone, this is my first book on here, so COMMENT AND VOTE! :) Thanks! :D p.s. I want to thank my best friend/editor Sara for editing! I LOVE YOU!

OH! And to anyone who cares, there's a picture of how I imagine Hayden to the right! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change of Plans

*As we grow up, it is only natural for us to create plans and dreams for our lives. But Life has it's own plans for us in mind...*

PART 1

CHAPTER 1

-5:45am- Hayden's POV

BEEP! BEEP!! BEEEP!! BEEEEEP!!!

I unwound my arms from around my body and out from under my warm covers and slapped my hand down on the snooze button of my alarm clock.

5:45. Great, I thought, time to get up for the first day of school.

I pushed my silky violet sheets off of my body and pushed myself off the bed into the frigid morning air. I had left my window open last night, so the cool morning air steadily blew into my room, cooling it down to a chilly forty-five degrees.

I hopped out of bed and grabbed my zebra snuggie from my bed post and jammed it on, up my arms and snugly around my body. Brrr, I shivered as my feet touch the freezing marble floor. I ran over to my bathroom and hopped onto the rug that was in front of my whirlpool jacuzzi tub. I closed the door and stripped down and walked over to my open shower.

My favorite thing in the morning was being able to stand in my bathroom and turn on the shower nozzle to the hottest it would go.

I loved my huge bathroom. It was the largest of the six kids' bathrooms, and I had it all to myself.

I stayed in the hot water letting it completely cover me, warming my entire body. Knowing I would freeze immediately once the shower was turned off, I stayed in as long as I could.

I rinsed my hair and put in my leave in conditioner. I switched off the shower and ran over to my wall dryer.

I stayed in the dryer until my body was mostly dry and I grabbed a pink fluffy towel. Wrapping it around my body, I grabbed my hair dryer and began drying my hair into it's natural auburn curls. Once my hair was half dried, I let it drop to it's full length, cascading down my back and touching just above my butt.

I opened the door from my bathroom into my walk-in closet. I picked up my favorite Seven jeans and a Haute Couture pale pink ruffle shirt then grabbed my Christian Louboutin gray ankle boots. I went back in the bathroom and grabbed my make-up. Quickly lining my eyes and sliding the mascara brush over my eyelashes, I examined myself in my full-length mirror in my closet. My huge purple-gray eyes looked over-exaggerated with the purple eyeliner and black mascara.

Perfect, I thought, just the way I like it.

The purple eyeshadow made my eye color stand out even more. I pinned the top half of my long hair back and let the bottom half curl down my back. I smiled at my reflection and grabbed my gray Prada bag and headed downstairs.

My twin siblings, Bailey and Ryan, were at the table already half-way through their breakfast.

Mom heard my heels and turned away from the twins and scurried over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"It's your last first day of school honey! Your first day of senior year!" Mom pulled away and trotted over to the counter where the waffles were making in the machine.

We had a cook, Maria, but I guess since it's the first day of school Mom wanted it to be special.

"Morning Bailey! Morning Ryan!" I smiled and walked over to the table and sat down next to Bailey.

"Hayden, you look amazing! I love that shirt!! Could I borrow it sometime? AHH! And your shoes!" Bailey blabbered on and on as she 'oohed' and 'ahhhed' at my outfit as she stuffed her face.

"Bailey, you really shouldn't talk with your mouth full," Ryan mimicked her with his mouth full making Mom and I laugh.

I stopped laughing when Bailey turned and made a face at me.

"So, you two ready for your first day of Freshman year?" I asked the twins as I munched on my waffle.

Looks of terror and excitement passed across each of their faces before answering together, "Yes!"

"I have football and wrestling to look forward to, so the days should go fine." Ryan said as he took his plate over to the dishwasher.

"Well, I mean, I guess I am, but like everyone is always so perfect in high school. I don't think I can measure up to everyone else! I mean, look at Hayden," Bailey exclaimed to Mom, "she's a straight A student and she always looks perfect! Then you look at me," She said, gesturing to her outfit of an oversized pink shirt, skinny jeans and blue Uggs,"I can barely get dressed in the morning! I don't even match!" she sighed and slumped down in her chair.

"Baby, you look fine!" Mom said walking over to her unhappy fourteen year old. She kissed her on the head and picked up her dirty dishes. "Well, you three better be heading out soon. It's already seven thirty. Get a move on Ryan." she laughed as Ryan jogged up the stairs to finish getting ready.

"I'm going Mom!" Ryan laughed and yelled from the bathroom.

I gathered up my dirty dishes and loaded them into the dishwasher. I heard the click-click of Mom's heels and I hugged her.

"Bye Mom. Have a great day!" her small, bony frame hugged me back and her dark brown long hair hit me in the face.

"Sorry Hayde!" she laughed. "Oh, honey, I'm gonna be working late, so if you could pick up the twins from practice that would be great! Maria should have dinner ready by seven when Dad and I get home and we can all eat together then. Is that alright? Or do you and Amy have plans?" Mom finished packing Conner's lunch and said goodbye to the twins.

"We'll meet you at the car Hayden!" Ryan yelled as he picked up his North Face backpack and slung it over his shoulder. Bailey grabbed her purple Vera Bradley backpack and her Coach purse and headed out the door after Ryan. I heard Ryan yell "SHOTGUN!" and Mom and I laughed.

"Okay Mom, that's fine, Amy and I have Cheer practice anyway, so we will be at the school when the twins are done! Have a good day at work!" She kissed me on the cheek and said goodbye as she tottered away on her red Christian Louboutin stilettos.

I grabbed my pink Vera Bradley backpack, put my MacBook in, slung it on my back and pulled my car keys out of my gray Prada purse. I walked out the mudroom door into the four-car garage and walked to the third door. Opening the trunk of my purple Mini Cooper, put my backpack in, then walked around to the driver's side and hopped in. I started the car and Ryan grabbed my iPhone from my purse.

"What shall we listen to ladies?" He asked as he plugged it into the stereo.

"Kesha!" Bailey yelled.

Ryan went through my phone until he found Kesha and we all jammed out to TikTok.

Turning the music down slightly, I asked the twins, "Who is your homeroom teacher?"

"Mr. Roberts, I think." Bailey answered.

"Oh! He's nice! You'll like him." I smiled. "He was my homeroom teacher freshman year too!"

"Yay! Good at least I know of one good teacher." she laughed.

"I'm sure there will be other teachers that are nice," Ryan said, looking up from his phone. "Right Hayden?"

"Of course." I answered.

We talked and laughed as I drove the ten minute drive to Roseburrow High.

Senior year, here I come!