/31\ Graduation Day

Luci's POV:

My name was finally called to the podium and I took in a deep breath, clutching my hat. I walked over to the Dean, firmly shaking his hand with a polite thank you and he handed me my diploma.

I and my way to the microphone, staring at the crowd.

"Wow, what a journey this had been." I laughed, wiping my tears. "I've always been one to doubt myself and my abilities. Losing my Mum last year put me through a lot." I said shakily.

"But I was told to stand strong, no matter what the consequences were. I told myself that I had to stay true to what I believed in, and look where it's taken me! Finally graduating today is the biggest leap for my career and where I start my journey and the life ahead of me. Thank you to everyone who has helped me through this experience, I wish you nothing but joy and happiness." I said, tears rolling down my cheeks.

There was a massive erupt of cheers and claps and I turned the ribbon on my hat, proving that I had finally graduated.

I bowed and walked off the stage, after giving my friends tight hugs and thank you's.

I locked eyes with my boyfriend as he held a bouquet of flowers. "You did it baby!" He cheered, pulling me in for a hug. My dad stood behind him, tears in his eyes as he smiled proudly.

I gave Harry a quick peck on the lips and went to my Dad, smiling a teary smile. "Hi Dad." I laughed, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"My little girl is all grown up." He whispered, pulling me in for a tight hug and lifting me up. "I'm so proud of you. Your mother would be, too." He said, putting me back down.

I nodded, looking at the ground. He lifted my chin back up, wiping my tears away. "She may not be here physically, but she's here mentally, spiritually and damn she is here in our hearts." He smiled, kissing my forehead. He turned to Harry and I moved out the way slightly, worrying what he was gonna say.

"I've got to say, Styles. You've treated my girl well. You've showed her the bright side of life, so great thanks for that. I wish you and my daughter the best for your future." He held out his hand, shocking me and Harry.

Harry shook it firmly, making my Dad smile proudly and hug him. "A true man hugs and has a strong hand. Welcome to the family son."

I gasped, putting my hands over my mouth, crying all over again. Even Harry had tears in his eyes. "Thank you sir, very much. I promise to never let your daughter go, she's safe with me." He smiled.

That was the first time my dad had properly welcome him to the family, as he had been cautious about him at first.

I ran up to Harry, throwing my arms around him, and he returned it.

"Welcome home." I sobbed, laughing a little.

"I'm finally home."