/10\ Work Buddies

Erica's POV:

"So that leaves Nevaeh with Darren, aaaand Erica with.. Harry." My professor announced. I felt my stomach drop and I bit the inside of my cheek. Really, the guy that always bully's me is gonna be my project partner for a month?! Wowwww.

"Seriously? Her?! Mate you gotta switch me we do NOT get along."

"Mr Styles, I would advise you do not call me 'mate' unless you want to kicked out of this course. And I can't switch anyone else. So make it work you two." He said sternly.

"Great." He mumbled.
I heard his friends laughing and making fun of me, and I just sighed, rubbing my forehead and closing my folder.

"Class dismissed. Remember is there no detail in the project, you're getting an F. That included you, Styles. You have one month." The professor yelled.

I gathered my things, stuffing them into my bag and stood up. "Thanks sir." I mumbled, walking out of the classroom. As I walked out, I bumped into the one person I was trying to avoid. "Watch where you're going freak!" Harry spat, shoving me.

The popular girls around me laughed and I quickly walked away and out the front entrance, followed by a bunch of other students. "Hey." My best friend, Nevaeh, called out. I moved out the way so she could speak to me and I smiled sadly. "You and Harry huh?" She laughed.

"Oh please, I'd rather be at my own funeral than work with him." I joked.
"I can't believe I got paired with Darren!" She squealed. I laughed lightly and we started walking towards the car park, where I saw Harry waiting and glaring at me.

How the hell did he get here so quickly?

"Speak later!" Nevaeh said as she headed to her car. I waved her off and I tried to go round Harry, but he blocked me.

I sighed, looking at him. "Can I help you?" I said kindly.
"I don't like you, you don't like me, end of. But we gotta do this project unless other wise I'll get an F and my parents will kick me out. So you good doing it at mine?" He asked.

"Uh. Sure, I guess." I shrugged.
"Good. My address is 42 ********. Be there at 4." He ordered, before walking away to his mates.

They glared at me before they headed off.

I let out a breath if didn't realize I was holding and quickly went over to my new black Lincoln Navigator. "Woahhh nice car." Someone said as they walked past.

I laughed a little, thanking them before unlocking it and getting in. As I started it up, I saw I was low on gas, but I had just enough to at least get me home.

-~Time Skip-~

I got dressed into a long sleeved V neck T-shirt.  I put my hair down and it was slightly wavy. I put on some ripped, skinny, high waisted jeans and black and white checkered vans. I grabbed my bag, phone and purse and headed out the door.

As I locked the door behind me, I suddenly felt a few drops of rain slash on my head.

Brilliant. And I'd ran out of gas for my car.

I started walking and the few drops of rain began to come down quickly, and it was absolutely freezing.

About halfway to Harry's house, it started hammering it down. And there was no point in going back to get a coat. I grabbed my arms, shivering and quickened my pace.

Finally, 10 minutes later, soaking, cold and shivering. I arrived at Harry's house.

I quickly knocked on his door, my teeth chattering and my whole body ice cold.

After a few seconds, the door unlocked and it swung open. Harry's good there staring at me. "Why didn't you tell me you wanted to be picked up? I would've in this weather. C'mon, come inside." He said softly.

Was he being nice to me?

"S-Sorry." I mumbled, feeling the heat wash over me. "Stay here, I'll go get some spare clothes." He said. Before I could say I was fine, he turned around and ran upstairs. I placed my bag down on the floor, trying to warm myself up and rubbed my arms.

A minute later, Harry came back downstairs, holding a black hoodie and grey joggers. "Harry, I'm fine, honestly. I can just go home and start this another day." I offered.

Harry shook his head and handed me the clothes. "It's fine, you're already here anyway. The bathroom is there." He said, pointing the a door near the stairs.

I thanked him, smiling and quickly heading into the bathroom.

I stripped from my cold and drenched clothes and took my shoes off as well. I slipped on the hoodie and joggers and instantly sighed in content, rubbing my hands over them.

They were a little big, but they were so comfortable. I threw my hair into a bun and walked out the bathroom, seeing Harry eating on the sofa.

He smiled a little, waving. "You look good in my clothes." He mentioned.
"Umm. Thank you, I guess?" I smiled shyly.
"Lemme put your clothes in the dryer." He offered, taking them off me. He went into the kitchen and second layer, I heard the dryer being turned on.

"Right come on, let's get this shitty project started." He laughed.

I followed him upstairs and we went into his room. It looked cosy and relaxing. The carpet was a fluffy light grey, the walls were a dark blue and there were little lights in the corners.

I saw on his desk that he had already got paper and pens to start planning. We were doing it on the evolution of music, one of my favourite subjects.

"Have a seat." He smiled, motioning to the bed.
"Thanks." I smiled back, sitting cross legged on the edge of the bed. He got the pens, paper and his laptop and laid them down in the middle. "You don't have to sit so far away, you know." He mumbled.

I took that and scooted a little closer so I wasn't hanging off the bed.

He turned on his laptop and as it started up, he glanced at me, making me smile awkwardly.

PART 2 BECAUSE THIS IS GETTING TOO LONG