XXXV. Save The Queen

"The Queen! The Queen!" the cranes squawked.

Meanwhile, in Lyned, Taka and the others had managed to survive the enemy's surprise attack. After the battle, they entered the castle and managed to get to the throne room, but they found you nowhere. However, the one they did find was Queen Orydia, who was quick to explain everything that had happened until then. Apparently Dryon's soldiers had stormed the castle before they all had reached Lyned and thus set a trap for them. When he told how the soldiers had kidnapped you, Taka and Yrion went crazy. But it was useless looking for you. You could be anywhere. Orydia also didn't know what to do. For years she and her court had obeyed Dryon's orders against her will. But things had changed. It was clear that Dryon's plan was to kidnap you and use you as bait to finally imprison or even kill you. And that was something Taka especially couldn't allow.

The first to know the news had been the seagulls that lived in Lyned and who had watched in horror as your troops had been attacked in the castle and several soldiers were escaping taking you with them. They alerted to what happened until there was no animal in Lyned that was not aware. Thus, little by little, the news was transmitted by sea, land and air until reaching all corners of the kingdom. The fish moved in huge banks alerting every marine being, from the coasts to the depths of the ocean. The days passed and not only the animals knew the news. The trees, living beings after all, also joined the cause and decided to act as messengers, transmitting the message from branch to branch and from forest to forest. "Our Queen is in danger! We must save her! " they repeated to each other. And so, in a few days, the entire animal and plant kingdom had come together to fight a common cause. There was not a corner left, neither on the land nor under it, nor in the depths of the sea, that did not know what was happening. The world was in danger. Losing the wielder of the Great Power, who in turn was Queen of Emmeldris, queen of humans, spelled the end. Dryon's tyranny would be final now, and that was something neither animals nor humans could allow. Little by little, the animals alerted the humans, who became courageous and decided to trust their word. Thousands of soldiers, armies from all corners of the kingdom, began to march towards Emmeldris, where their queen was imprisoned. No one knew if you were still alive or not, but even if you weren't, the world was determined to fight on your behalf.

It was not long before Dryon heard the news, too, from his vassals. But to everyone's surprise, he decided to wait. His plan was to hold you for as long as possible until the enemies approached Emmeldris and thus have enough time to gather his army and defend his position. Meanwhile, your companions advanced relentlessly, joining other troops they encountered along the way in the direction of Emmeldris. They went from being dozens of soldiers to hundreds and thousands, not to mention the animals that were also joining together, from the smallest and most elusive to the largest and crudest. All advancing from different directions with their eyes on fire, their eyes straight ahead and the certainty that the end was getting closer.