XXXVIII. Heroine

The roars of those two night-black beasts were heard throughout the kingdom, paralyzing the battle for several seconds. You looked fearfully toward the crack in the window, recognizing those familiar screams. People feared dragons as they were said to be born from magic. They did not exist in nature, so if someone came across one, they most likely would not live to tell about it. However, dragons were animals and therefore, as you were their queen, they technically had to obey you. If only you could get out of that room and transform like that time in the gorge.

When Kyria died.

Her memory kindled a spark in you. You also remembered Duymir. And Erymid, and poor Mayor Guldyn. All Hayltel, Uryn, Ineyd. Yrion, Taka. Without you, everyone was doomed. Without you, the world you all knew would come to an end at any moment. You got up. You felt a fire inside, just as burning as the one that destroyed your forest and your hamlet. You took a step back, tensing your whole body and staring at the wall, like a bull charging its prey. You had to get out of there. Even if it cost you your life. And so, with a deafening scream that reactivated the little power that you kept inside, you launched yourself towards the door that ended up breaking after your multiple attacks and breaking into pieces.

Meanwhile, on the battlefield, the dragons burned everything in their path, without discriminating between allies or enemies. Anyone who tried to attack them ended up charred or eaten.

"Withdrawal!" several soldiers began shouting, trying to get their message across as quickly as possible.

"Withdrawal!" they all repeated as they fled in terror and Dryon smiled from his balcony.

Taka and the boys heard the message right away.

"No..." Taka muttered as he immediately knocked an enemy to the ground and slashed their neck.

"We can't leave! Not now!" Tomoya exclaimed.

"Withdrawal!" Yusuke-senzo yelled from his mount.

"Senzo, we can't leave!" Taka yelled at him.

"Moriuchi, we must withdraw from the battlefield!"

"But senzo ...!"

"Do you want to die? They have dragons, there is nothing we can do against them!"

Taka gritted his teeth.

"I'm staying!" scream.

"Taka, come back here!"

"I have to save Yumiko! I can't leave!"

"You will die, idiot!"

"But at least it will be for her!"

Taka ran towards the dragons, disobeying his companions and all logic, willing to die for you if necessary. If he managed to get through the wall through a crack, he could enter the castle and come to you. Just when he thought about it, he noticed one of the walls of the wall that had collapsed and ran towards it. He scaled the stones swiftly, keeping watch for the dragons, when suddenly, the course of the battle changed.

A white dragon soared through the skies.

"It's her..." Taka thought.

"It's the Queen!" several soldiers shouted from the same troop, causing everyone present to watch the scene in astonishment, including Dryon.

You pounced on the other two dragons, who tried to defend themselves with bites and claws. One of the bites hit you on the neck, making you roar in pain. You turned away from them.

"Do you not recognize your Queen?" you yelled at them.

The dragons instantly relaxed.

"He is not your king!" you went on "This is not your kingdom! We are your family! "

The dragons stopped to stare at the mess they had caused.

"It's ..." Ryota muttered.

"They are talking!" Tomoya smiled.

The dragons looked into your eyes again and one of them approached you.

"What should we do then... Your Majesty?" you listened.

"Finish with this nightmare" you finally said.

Dryon's face was filled with terror as three dragons, one white and two black, flew towards him with flaming jaws.