XXXVII. Assemble

There are multiple stories about the Battle of Emmeldris, one for each possible version of when and how it happened. Some say that Dryon's army attacked first. Others said that the battle began at the moment when the birds flew over the wall holding small bombs with their beaks and throwing them from above. The truth is that even the survivors of this great historical moment are not convinced of what really happened that day. Be that as it may, Emmeldris became in a matter of minutes the battlefield that we all know today. There is hardly a vestige of the castle and the great glass wall that once surrounded it. Everything else disappeared.

It had been a long time since that murmur had ceased to be so. Now they were screaming. Swords clashing. Arrow whistles. Shields stopping them. Gunpowder exploding. Falling walls. Roars and squawks. Steps on the other side of the door.

"It's them..." you thought as tears ran down your cheeks "They've come to rescue me..."

"Die bastard!" Ryota yelled as his sword stained black, the color of goblin blood, and offered his hand to Taka.

He looked at him from the ground and smiled.

"It's been a while, brother" Ryota greeted him.

A little further, Toru charged at a group of soldiers as Tomoya pursued them mounted on the back of a rhino from the Omid Desert. The goblins had to deal with the soldiers outside the walls while the animals tried to knock them down and enter the city. For their part, the marine animals helped to do the same from the port area, trying to distract the soldiers who were there. However, the resistance Dryon put up was considerable and our friends' forces began to falter. It was increasingly difficult for them to stop the enemy and the corpses began to be more and more numerous, both on one side and the other.

"We are running out of time!" Yusuke-senzo yelled "We have to resist!"

Meanwhile, inside the castle, Dryon kept directing his soldiers from his balcony, commanding them from side to side with a powerful and confident voice. But that tone disappeared as soon as he was alone in the room. He punched the table with his fist. They were losing. The enemy had allied themselves with animals and that was something he had not counted on. How the hell had they been able to muster such a large army in such a short time? Dryon took a deep breath, clenched his teeth, and summoned one of his personal guards.

"Get them out" he ordered as the goblin took several seconds to process that order.

You fell to the ground after hitting the door a fourth time. You had been trying to tear it down in vain since the guards guarding you had left, but all you had managed to do was hurt your arms and shoulders. "Taka!" your mind screamed with all its might "I'm here! Help me!".

And it was then, and this part of the story is one of the few where all the stories about the Battle of Emmeldris coincide, the sky clouded over in an instant and caused the battle to freeze for a few seconds.

"Dragons!" one soldier yelled as several of Yusuke-senzo's soldiers quickly sneaked through a small crack in the wall.