Chapter 1

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
September 15th 2016
Nova Taylor - first person.
My body shook and shuttered. Drenched in sweat. Cold but hot. I sat up hastily, from my irrational dream, irritated at the ringing from my alarm.

"God damn it!" I blared loudly as I threw my phone at the wall. I had a hatred for school, could you tell? I rised out of bed and walked down the stairs.

"What was that all about?" My mother asked concerned as she gave my brother a bowl of cereal.

"One word. Alarm." I said, obviously annoyed, rolling my eyes.

"Sweetie, your almost done highschool. Enjoy it while you can." She said with a smile on her face.

"Whatever." I said, grabbing a protein bar.

"Your meeting with Serenity today, right?" My mom asked.

"Yes, like every morning." I said, clearly frustrated. She nodded her head and I paced back up the stairs. I got to my room and sighed.

I threw on a beige hoodie and black ripped jeans. I lightly curled my hair and put in medium sized hoops.

I did some light but noticeable makeup. I threw on some vans, grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. My mother already left for work.

My brother was already on his bus, my dad? That's a different story. I walked out the door, flustered about school.

I met up with my best friend Serenity, who lived right next to my house.

"Heyyy girl!" She said laughing. She's always in a good mood.

"Hey." I said laughing a bit.

"You ready for school?"

"Not one bit." I smiled.

"I don't know why you hate it so much? Anyways, it feels like it's going to be a good day today!" She said, excited.

"Woah, calm down there." I said.

"Sorry, had espresso." She said laughing. Great. We arrived at school. Luckily we had the first couple of classes together, then lunch.

~
"Let's gooo! Food time." I said, pulling her arm. Finally, classes were over.

"I'm sorry, I can't make it to lunch, I have an play audition to go to." She said.

"Just skip it, don't leave me lonely. I don't have nobody else." I said smiling.

"You do, you just reject them all." She said laughing.

"Pleaseeeee."

"Sorry this is important to me. I'll see you later." She hugged me and went off. I scoffed. I walked to the cafeteria, to sit by myself.

I pulled out my reading glasses and a book and read to pass the time. That's when I heard two trays slam on the table. I looked up to see two boys.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Hi, I'm Sam, this is Colby." The blonde man said.