Chapter 2

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
September 22nd 2016
Nova Taylor - first person.
It's been a week since we met Sam and Colby. I still haven't told Serenity about my dad. I didn't have the courage too. I decided to keep playing it off.

I was very thankful Sam didn't tell her. I woke up in a slightly better mood. I took a quick shower. I washed my face, brushed my teeth. I got out, in a towel. I walked to my bedroom.

I looked around for my clothes. My eyes landed on a picture frame. It was a picture of my dad and I when I was 3. I stared at it when a tear started to fall. I wiped it away and reminded myself that today was supposed to be a good day.

I changed into another hoodie, another pair of jeans and another pair of vans. I left my hair natural and light jewellery. I wore no makeup, made me feel even better.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed a tumblr to put coffee in. I really only preferred iced coffee, that also had to have a ton of ingredients for my liking.

I grabbed my bag, made sure everything was there and exited the house. I had my car but, I decided to skateboard in stead. Easier decision. As I hopped on my skateboard, I heard Sam call my name.

"Nova?" Sam called my name from a distance. I turned around and skateboarded to him.

"Good morning Samuel." I smiled.

"Good morning Nova." He smiled back. I got off my board and carried it. We started walking towards the school. It was a tiny bit silent for my liking.

"How are you this morning?" Sam asked, breaking the silence.

"Actually, in a good mood for once." I said, laughing a bit.

"That's good to hear. Have you told renny about your dad yet?" He asked. Yea, that's her nickname now.

"No. I'm being strong for her, after all, she was in a really bad place a year ago Sam. I'm not adding anything onto her."

"Oh I see. I get that, but this is something in your life. Sure, it may stress her out but she needs to know. You can't hide from it forever you know?" He said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Yea, your right. But not yet. I will, I promise. Just not now." I said. He nodded his head and removed his arm, due to walking to get Serenity.

As she saw us through the window, she ran out, looking boujee as HELL.

"Hey girlies!" She said laughing.

"Killer look." I said laughing with her.

"Is that, Louis Vuitton?" Sam freaked out.

"Calm down Sam. It's just a brand." She stated.

"Yea, an expensive one." His mouth practically dropped. I laughed so hard.

"Sam, chill." I said as we kept walking.

"Yess, boss." He said, doing a military salute. I rolled my eyes and smiled a bit. We finally arrived to school. Unfortunately, the only time we could see the boys was at lunch. Due to being different years, no classes together.