Chapter 8

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
November 21st, 2016
(continuing from last chapter)
Nova Taylor - first person

"Hi." Sam said, standing on my doorstep in the freezing snow.

"Hey." I said awkwardly. I motioned him to come in. Jack finished his dinner and ran straight to his room. I sat down on the couch.

"I want to apologize. I realized I was being a dick to you and that should've never been my response." He said.

"Sam, no. You have nothing to apologize for. It has just been really rough these past days and I took it out on you. So, I'm sorry." I replied. He sat down beside me, I turned to face him.

"I just feel ba-." He was saying, I cut him off by kissing him quickly.

"Don't." I said with a short smile. He smiled back at me. 

"I have to tell you something." His smile faded a bit. Uh oh. I thought.

"Okay, what's up?" I replied, worrying.

"So you know how Colby and I joined vine? Also how we've had our channel for nearly two years?" He asked.

"Yea, why?"

"We're planning on moving to California after senior year to pursue our channel.." He said in a sad voice. My heart dropped a little.

"Oh, really?" I asked, trying to be fully excited for them.

"Yea, we've been looking into it, some of our friends live there so we want to collab, also try to grow our channel." He said with a short smile.

"That's great babe." I replied, trying to smile. He took his fingers and grabbed my chin to face him.

"I know you're upset Nova. Long distance sucks, I know. But I can fly you out and stuff. I'll never lose contact with you." He hugged me.

"It could happen Sam. What if you find a girl who's prettier, I know there's lots of pretty girls around there." I replied.

"Not as pretty as you." He said with a smile.

"Stop being cheesy. So how would this work?" I asked.

"Well, we could FaceTime everyday, unless I'm filming, I'm sure it won't be that bad." He said.

"You have a point. Besides, there's 7 months until school's out, so we have all that time!" I said with a smile.

"Yes, we will." He said hugging me again. The rest of the night we cuddled, it was a good night.

~

It was the next day, school. I found out my mom is being put into a home next week. I'm not of age yet to look after Jack, so he is going to my aunts. I think?

I was really terrified to live on my own. Hopefully I could stay with Serenity and sell the house. I was trying to hold myself together. Everything fell apart so fast. Now Sam's moving far away in several months.

I wanted to go with Sam but I would be just a distraction. Not to mention, I want to be here for my mother and brother. I need to stop thinking so negative about him moving, it'll be okay.

I got dressed into a hoodie, ripped jeans and a pair of timberland boots. I curled my deep brown hair and applied natural makeup. I threw on a toque and walked downstairs. I grabbed my bag and coat and walked out the door.

I walked over to Serenity's house and knocked on the door. It's been a bit since we spoke properly. I knocked on the door and she opened it.

"Hey." I said with a short smile.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Can I come in?" I asked. She stepped outside and shut the door. I was confused.

"Listen, Nova. Im kinda pissed off at you." She said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You changed. You used to be so energetic, so funny, so honest. Now you're just, depressed, different. You're no fun to be around, I think it's Sam." She said, my jaw dropped a bit.

"No, do not blame this on Sam. You know what I've been through recently? Try hav.-" I tried to speak when I was cut off.

"Stop. Stop using that as an excuse as to why you've been an asshole. Get your shit together or don't talk to me again." She said, grabbing her bag from the ground and walking away.

A tear fell from my face but I wiped it away. It wasn't a tear of sadness, it was a tear of anger. I walked off her porch and walked to school. I really felt like skipping. I arrived and noticed everyone was staring at me, again.

I sighed and kept walking. I was pretty used to it. Sam texted me and said he wouldn't be present at school today, great.

Unfortunately, we had to share our class with some seniors. Their heating system broke in the class so going into the grade 11's was the only choice. Meaning, Sam and Colby both were in my classroom, when Sam came to school.

Serenity walked in and walked to a far away desk. A few other students sat down and then Colby walked in and sat at the desk beside me.

"Hey, missing your boyfriend?" He asked with a wink, teasing me. I punched him in the shoulder lightly.

"At least I can get somebody." I said laughing a bit. He pretended to be offended. We laughed together then went silent. The teacher was late. A short, blonde haired girl walked over to us.

"Are you cheating on Sam with his best friend?" She asked. What?

"No? Why would you even ask that?" I replied.

"I don't know, look's like you guys are having a fun time." She responded.

"We're just friend's, I would never cheat on Sam.." I said.

"Whatever, whore." She replied walking away. Half the class laughed. I shrugged it off.

"Don't believe her." Colby said to me.

"I know." I said with a short smile. The teacher then later walked in. I started writing, doing my work. I wasn't paying attention to anything but that.

"Nova Taylor?"I looked up quickly to see the Vice Principle. 

"Yea?" I replied. All eyes were on me.

"Please come with me to the office, somebody's here for you." He said, with a short smile.

~

WHO COULD IT BE? hehe, i'll update this soon <3, promise. maybe a double update??

-vryyummy